Sarah Jessica Parker and Gabourey Sidibe Fight Child Trafficking
Sarah Jessica Parker and Gabourey Sidibe are joining forces in the fight against sex trafficking - the actresses have signed up to lead a campaign to stamp out the illegal practice.
The two stars have been announced as the new faces of a scheme run by the Brooklyn District Attorney's office in New York City, which aims to raise awareness of the plight of women who are sold into prostitution. The pair will appear on flyers and posters to publicize a telephone hotline to help stop human trafficking, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
"These kids can be runaways or victims of abusive parents ...they're desperate, they're vulnerable and they're lost," Sidibe said in a radio spot that premiered Thursday, October 21. "It makes me sick to think of those animals taking 12-, 13-, and 14-year-old girls and renting them out to a John."
Meanwhile, SJP said in her spot, "At least 100,000 American children are trafficked into prostitution in the United States each year. It's important that we fight this plague that affects the lives of so many of our children. Let's help the Brooklyn DA get these dangerous people off the streets."
More Sarah Jessica Parker News
- Kylie Jenner Asks Tyga to Move Back Into Her House
- Rihanna Is Unhappy Kanye West Put Her in Bed With Donald Trump and George W. Bush in 'Famous' Video
- Iggy Azalea Gets Thanked for 'Ruining Hip-Hop.' See Her Reaction
- Winona Ryder Defends Ex Johnny Depp Against Amber Heard's Abuse Allegations
- 'Star Trek Beyond' New Trailer: Captain Kirk Makes His Last Report
- Tyrese Gibson Confirms Return to 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Chris Brown Sued by Suge Knight Over 2014 Club Shooting. What's Breezy's Fault?
- Taylor Swift Tells Her Friends She's 'in Love' With Tom Hiddleston as Couple Enjoy Roman Holiday