Sarah Jessica Parker and Gabourey Sidibe Fight Child Trafficking
Sarah Jessica Parker and Gabourey Sidibe are joining forces in the fight against sex trafficking - the actresses have signed up to lead a campaign to stamp out the illegal practice.
The two stars have been announced as the new faces of a scheme run by the Brooklyn District Attorney's office in New York City, which aims to raise awareness of the plight of women who are sold into prostitution. The pair will appear on flyers and posters to publicize a telephone hotline to help stop human trafficking, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
"These kids can be runaways or victims of abusive parents ...they're desperate, they're vulnerable and they're lost," Sidibe said in a radio spot that premiered Thursday, October 21. "It makes me sick to think of those animals taking 12-, 13-, and 14-year-old girls and renting them out to a John."
Meanwhile, SJP said in her spot, "At least 100,000 American children are trafficked into prostitution in the United States each year. It's important that we fight this plague that affects the lives of so many of our children. Let's help the Brooklyn DA get these dangerous people off the streets."
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years
- Demi Lovato Speaks on Mental Illness, Performs 'Confident' at DNC Opening Night
- Lindsay Lohan Responds to Relationship Drama After Accusing Fiance of Strangling Her
- Britney Spears, U2, Drake, Ariana Grande Lead an Amazing 2016 iHeartRadio Music Festival Line-Up
- Kylie Jenner Launches Kyshadow Collection