Sarah Jessica Parker and Gabourey Sidibe Fight Child Trafficking
Sarah Jessica Parker and Gabourey Sidibe are joining forces in the fight against sex trafficking - the actresses have signed up to lead a campaign to stamp out the illegal practice.
The two stars have been announced as the new faces of a scheme run by the Brooklyn District Attorney's office in New York City, which aims to raise awareness of the plight of women who are sold into prostitution. The pair will appear on flyers and posters to publicize a telephone hotline to help stop human trafficking, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
"These kids can be runaways or victims of abusive parents ...they're desperate, they're vulnerable and they're lost," Sidibe said in a radio spot that premiered Thursday, October 21. "It makes me sick to think of those animals taking 12-, 13-, and 14-year-old girls and renting them out to a John."
Meanwhile, SJP said in her spot, "At least 100,000 American children are trafficked into prostitution in the United States each year. It's important that we fight this plague that affects the lives of so many of our children. Let's help the Brooklyn DA get these dangerous people off the streets."
More Sarah Jessica Parker News
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio