Sarah Jessica Parker and Gabourey Sidibe Fight Child Trafficking
Sarah Jessica Parker and Gabourey Sidibe are joining forces in the fight against sex trafficking - the actresses have signed up to lead a campaign to stamp out the illegal practice.
The two stars have been announced as the new faces of a scheme run by the Brooklyn District Attorney's office in New York City, which aims to raise awareness of the plight of women who are sold into prostitution. The pair will appear on flyers and posters to publicize a telephone hotline to help stop human trafficking, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
"These kids can be runaways or victims of abusive parents ...they're desperate, they're vulnerable and they're lost," Sidibe said in a radio spot that premiered Thursday, October 21. "It makes me sick to think of those animals taking 12-, 13-, and 14-year-old girls and renting them out to a John."
Meanwhile, SJP said in her spot, "At least 100,000 American children are trafficked into prostitution in the United States each year. It's important that we fight this plague that affects the lives of so many of our children. Let's help the Brooklyn DA get these dangerous people off the streets."
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung
- 'Supergirl': Get First Look at General Zod in Set Photos and Video
- Desperate Tyga to Use Son King Cairo to Get Back With Kylie Jenner
- Beyonce's Pic of Ordering Food Sparks Funny Twitter Reactions