Nelly Wants People to Forget Chris Brown's Past
Rapper Nelly hopes fans can forgive and forget Chris Brown's attack on ex-girlfriend Rihanna, because he is adamant the singer has "learned his lesson". Brown saw his popularity plummet after he viciously beat the "Umbrella" beauty in 2009. He was later convicted of felony assault and sentenced to five years probation.
But Nelly, who enlisted the "Kiss Kiss" singer for his new album "Nelly 5.0", is adamant Brown is a different man from the "kid" he was at the time of the attack. He tells Britain's Daily Star, "What people seem to forget is that this was a kid, a kid that made a mistake that, sadly, grown men make every day. If we're going to give anyone the benefit of the doubt, it should be a kid."
"Chris has been through a lot, he's learned his lesson now. He's such a talented kid, such a great singer and I always knew that would prevail."
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show