Nelly Wants People to Forget Chris Brown's Past
Rapper Nelly hopes fans can forgive and forget Chris Brown's attack on ex-girlfriend Rihanna, because he is adamant the singer has "learned his lesson". Brown saw his popularity plummet after he viciously beat the "Umbrella" beauty in 2009. He was later convicted of felony assault and sentenced to five years probation.
But Nelly, who enlisted the "Kiss Kiss" singer for his new album "Nelly 5.0", is adamant Brown is a different man from the "kid" he was at the time of the attack. He tells Britain's Daily Star, "What people seem to forget is that this was a kid, a kid that made a mistake that, sadly, grown men make every day. If we're going to give anyone the benefit of the doubt, it should be a kid."
"Chris has been through a lot, he's learned his lesson now. He's such a talented kid, such a great singer and I always knew that would prevail."
More Nelly News
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?