Nelly Wants People to Forget Chris Brown's Past
Rapper Nelly hopes fans can forgive and forget Chris Brown's attack on ex-girlfriend Rihanna, because he is adamant the singer has "learned his lesson". Brown saw his popularity plummet after he viciously beat the "Umbrella" beauty in 2009. He was later convicted of felony assault and sentenced to five years probation.
But Nelly, who enlisted the "Kiss Kiss" singer for his new album "Nelly 5.0", is adamant Brown is a different man from the "kid" he was at the time of the attack. He tells Britain's Daily Star, "What people seem to forget is that this was a kid, a kid that made a mistake that, sadly, grown men make every day. If we're going to give anyone the benefit of the doubt, it should be a kid."
"Chris has been through a lot, he's learned his lesson now. He's such a talented kid, such a great singer and I always knew that would prevail."
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers
- Drake Announces Short Movie 'Please Forgive Me' - Get a Sneak Peek Here!
- Katy Perry Feels Sympathy for 'Catfish' Victim Who Thought He Was Dating Her