Lisa Marie Presley Feels Guilty Over Michael Jackson's Death
Lisa Marie Presley is haunted by the death of her ex-husband Michael Jackson- because she believes she could have helped him turn his life around if she had known the King of Pop was so ill. In her first in-depth interview since Jackson lost his life last summer, Presley, who was married to the pop superstar from 1994 to 1996, tells Oprah Winfrey in a TV special to air on Thursday, October 21 she feels she could have done more for the "Thriller" singer in the final months of his life.
She says, "I know that it's naive to think that I could have (saved him) but I wanted to. Had I made a call, had I stopped being so shut off from him, had I just said, 'How are you?' I really regret that I didn't."
But Presley fears that even if she had reached out to help Jackson, he would have refused her aid - and she knew the superstar was charting a course to destruction while she was married to him. She adds, "I think that was a train headed in a certain direction that I don't know if anyone could have stopped and I've had to really get my head around that in order to stop the pain."
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'
- Amber Heard Reportedly Dating a Musician After Johnny Depp Split. Who's Her New Man?
- NBC Announces Next Live Musical 'Bye Bye Birdie' Starring Jennifer Lopez
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?