Lisa Marie Presley Feels Guilty Over Michael Jackson's Death
Lisa Marie Presley is haunted by the death of her ex-husband Michael Jackson- because she believes she could have helped him turn his life around if she had known the King of Pop was so ill. In her first in-depth interview since Jackson lost his life last summer, Presley, who was married to the pop superstar from 1994 to 1996, tells Oprah Winfrey in a TV special to air on Thursday, October 21 she feels she could have done more for the "Thriller" singer in the final months of his life.
She says, "I know that it's naive to think that I could have (saved him) but I wanted to. Had I made a call, had I stopped being so shut off from him, had I just said, 'How are you?' I really regret that I didn't."
But Presley fears that even if she had reached out to help Jackson, he would have refused her aid - and she knew the superstar was charting a course to destruction while she was married to him. She adds, "I think that was a train headed in a certain direction that I don't know if anyone could have stopped and I've had to really get my head around that in order to stop the pain."
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'