Angelina Jolie Conned by Security Guard Over Rent Scam
Angelina Jolie has found herself at the center of a rent scam controversy in Hungary after a security guard allegedly conned the star out of $2,750 to let her film in a building he didn't own. The Hollywood actress is currently shooting an as-yet-untitled Bosnian war drama in the country and had reportedly scouted out a warehouse in Budapest to use in the production.
She negotiated a fee with the onsite guard, who had posed as the property owner, and handed over the sum - only to discover the lease was illegal. One of the warehouse owners tells AFP, "My partner called to ask if I knew about a film shoot in our building. And he said, 'You'll never guess (which star is involved) - it's Angelina Jolie!' (The guard) thought we wouldn't find out about it, because we hardly ever go to the building."
It's the second scandal to hit Jolie's project - she recently won back permission to film in Bosnia following confusion about the movie's plot. The film will tell the story of a Serbian man and Bosnian woman who fall in love during the middle of the Bosnian war.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show