Angelina Jolie Conned by Security Guard Over Rent Scam
Angelina Jolie has found herself at the center of a rent scam controversy in Hungary after a security guard allegedly conned the star out of $2,750 to let her film in a building he didn't own. The Hollywood actress is currently shooting an as-yet-untitled Bosnian war drama in the country and had reportedly scouted out a warehouse in Budapest to use in the production.
She negotiated a fee with the onsite guard, who had posed as the property owner, and handed over the sum - only to discover the lease was illegal. One of the warehouse owners tells AFP, "My partner called to ask if I knew about a film shoot in our building. And he said, 'You'll never guess (which star is involved) - it's Angelina Jolie!' (The guard) thought we wouldn't find out about it, because we hardly ever go to the building."
It's the second scandal to hit Jolie's project - she recently won back permission to film in Bosnia following confusion about the movie's plot. The film will tell the story of a Serbian man and Bosnian woman who fall in love during the middle of the Bosnian war.
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off