Angelina Jolie Conned by Security Guard Over Rent Scam
Angelina Jolie has found herself at the center of a rent scam controversy in Hungary after a security guard allegedly conned the star out of $2,750 to let her film in a building he didn't own. The Hollywood actress is currently shooting an as-yet-untitled Bosnian war drama in the country and had reportedly scouted out a warehouse in Budapest to use in the production.
She negotiated a fee with the onsite guard, who had posed as the property owner, and handed over the sum - only to discover the lease was illegal. One of the warehouse owners tells AFP, "My partner called to ask if I knew about a film shoot in our building. And he said, 'You'll never guess (which star is involved) - it's Angelina Jolie!' (The guard) thought we wouldn't find out about it, because we hardly ever go to the building."
It's the second scandal to hit Jolie's project - she recently won back permission to film in Bosnia following confusion about the movie's plot. The film will tell the story of a Serbian man and Bosnian woman who fall in love during the middle of the Bosnian war.
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars