Angelina Jolie Conned by Security Guard Over Rent Scam
Angelina Jolie has found herself at the center of a rent scam controversy in Hungary after a security guard allegedly conned the star out of $2,750 to let her film in a building he didn't own. The Hollywood actress is currently shooting an as-yet-untitled Bosnian war drama in the country and had reportedly scouted out a warehouse in Budapest to use in the production.
She negotiated a fee with the onsite guard, who had posed as the property owner, and handed over the sum - only to discover the lease was illegal. One of the warehouse owners tells AFP, "My partner called to ask if I knew about a film shoot in our building. And he said, 'You'll never guess (which star is involved) - it's Angelina Jolie!' (The guard) thought we wouldn't find out about it, because we hardly ever go to the building."
It's the second scandal to hit Jolie's project - she recently won back permission to film in Bosnia following confusion about the movie's plot. The film will tell the story of a Serbian man and Bosnian woman who fall in love during the middle of the Bosnian war.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special