Angelina Jolie Conned by Security Guard Over Rent Scam
Angelina Jolie has found herself at the center of a rent scam controversy in Hungary after a security guard allegedly conned the star out of $2,750 to let her film in a building he didn't own. The Hollywood actress is currently shooting an as-yet-untitled Bosnian war drama in the country and had reportedly scouted out a warehouse in Budapest to use in the production.
She negotiated a fee with the onsite guard, who had posed as the property owner, and handed over the sum - only to discover the lease was illegal. One of the warehouse owners tells AFP, "My partner called to ask if I knew about a film shoot in our building. And he said, 'You'll never guess (which star is involved) - it's Angelina Jolie!' (The guard) thought we wouldn't find out about it, because we hardly ever go to the building."
It's the second scandal to hit Jolie's project - she recently won back permission to film in Bosnia following confusion about the movie's plot. The film will tell the story of a Serbian man and Bosnian woman who fall in love during the middle of the Bosnian war.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked