Matthew Leone of Madina Lake Compares Bloody Attack to Horror Movie Scene
Madina Lake star Matthew Leone has revealed the full horror of the vicious assault that left him close to death - insisting he looked like a character from the climax of bloodbath movie "Carrie". The rocker underwent life-saving surgery after suffering a fractured skull and a brain hemorrhage when he was beaten unconscious as he attempted to break up a violent domestic dispute between two strangers.
Bass player Leone has now revealed why he intervened in the bust-up in his native Chicago, Illinois in July this year - insisting he was following his "instinct" to protect a woman in danger but was "left to die on the street". He tells Kerrang! magazine, "I heard a bloodcurdling scream. It was like the kind you hear in horror movies, so I ran across the street and down the block, where I saw a man holding a woman on her back against a chain link fence. I acted on instinct, so I charged into him and knocked him off the girl."
"I told them both to chill out and created a bit of distance between them. I called 911 and the next thing I know, he screamed something - I can't discuss this for legal purposes - and bam! My lights went out. I was beyond cool to both of them, but was left to die on the street."
"I woke up when the detectives picked me off the street and took me to the ambulance. I managed to text (my girlfriend) Autumn and (bandmate and twin brother) Nathan, then said to the (paramedics), 'I don't have insurance, are you sure I have to go to the hospital?'. They held a mirror up; I looked like Carrie on prom night."
Leone also thanked fans for giving him the strength to pull through his ordeal, adding "I can't tell you how much they truly saved my a**... You get to a point where you're so vulnerable and weak that you almost wanna say 'F**k it!' and throw down your hand. But having that support kept me so happy and surrounded by love - there was no way I was going anywhere!"
Justin Pivec, 33, has been charged with attempted murder and aggravated battery causing serious bodily harm in connection with the incident. He is due in court later this year.
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs