Michael Lohan Won't Talk to Press Anymore for the Sake of the 'Loved Ones'
Lindsay Lohan's estranged father Michael has vowed to turn his back on the press and fight all his future family battles in private. Born-again Christian Michael Lohan has frequently used the media to voice his opinions about his troubled daughter and his legal disputes with his ex-wife Dina in recent years, often staging press conferences and photo opportunities after court appearances.
But the Lohan patriarch has now had a change of heart and has released his last statement to the press, expressing his desire to live in "peace" for the sake of his loved ones. In the press release, he says, "I want to make a public statement that I will not be commenting on ANYTHING relating to my daughter Lindsay, or ANYTHING my ex-wife Dina, or any 'sources' related to her, might say."
"NO MATTER what accusations, lies or conjecture are disseminated to the public about me, for the sake of the ones I love and with hope of creating peace, I WILL NOT respond, in ANY way, to what is said or done, to me. For the sake of those I offended, I apologize and ask their forgiveness... So please refrain from calling or contacting me."
Michael's last post-court press conference took place moments after the "Mean Girls" actress was sentenced to 30-days behind bars without bail in September for violating her probation and failing two mandatory drug tests. She subsequently walked free after posting $300,000 bail and is now seeking treatment in a drug rehab clinic.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Single 'Kiss the Sky' Off His 'Platinum Hits' Album
- Hayes Grier Shares Photo From Hospital, Assures Fans He's 'Good' After Dirt Bike Crash
- Constance Wu Slams 'Great Wall' for Whitewashing: Our Heroes Don't Look Like Matt Damon
- Zachary Quinto Addresses Engagement Speculations and Wedding Plans to Miles McMillan
- Justin Bieber Teases 'Cold Water' Video as the Major Lazer Collab Hits No. 1 on U.K. Chart
- See Tyler Hoechlin's Superman in Action in 'Supergirl' Set Videos
- Did Tyler Posey Just Come Out as Gay on Snapchat?
- Fans Defend Malia Obama Amidst Backlash for Attending Lollapalooza Instead of DNC