Michael Lohan Won't Talk to Press Anymore for the Sake of the 'Loved Ones'
Lindsay Lohan's estranged father Michael has vowed to turn his back on the press and fight all his future family battles in private. Born-again Christian Michael Lohan has frequently used the media to voice his opinions about his troubled daughter and his legal disputes with his ex-wife Dina in recent years, often staging press conferences and photo opportunities after court appearances.
But the Lohan patriarch has now had a change of heart and has released his last statement to the press, expressing his desire to live in "peace" for the sake of his loved ones. In the press release, he says, "I want to make a public statement that I will not be commenting on ANYTHING relating to my daughter Lindsay, or ANYTHING my ex-wife Dina, or any 'sources' related to her, might say."
"NO MATTER what accusations, lies or conjecture are disseminated to the public about me, for the sake of the ones I love and with hope of creating peace, I WILL NOT respond, in ANY way, to what is said or done, to me. For the sake of those I offended, I apologize and ask their forgiveness... So please refrain from calling or contacting me."
Michael's last post-court press conference took place moments after the "Mean Girls" actress was sentenced to 30-days behind bars without bail in September for violating her probation and failing two mandatory drug tests. She subsequently walked free after posting $300,000 bail and is now seeking treatment in a drug rehab clinic.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Shia LaBeouf Rips Drake, Lil Yachty and More in New Freestyle
- Jennifer Lawrence Reveals Why She Thinks She's a Curse to Hawaiians
- First Footage of 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveils Spidey's Classic Web Wings
- Billy Bob Thornton Wants to Reunite With Angelina Jolie Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Katie Holmes Finally Addresses Her 'Secret Relationship' With Jamie Foxx
- Watch Jessie J Writhe Around in 'Can't Take My Eyes Off You' Video
- Kate McKinnon and T.J. Miller Go Wild in New 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- New 'The Walking Dead' Photo Teases Graphic Scene for Carl in 'Sing Me a Song'