Carey Mulligan to Get Film Honor as Breakthrough Star
British actress Carey Mulligan is set to be honored as this year's breakthrough star at California's upcoming Palm Springs International Film Festival. The Oscar-nominated "An Education" star will be celebrated for her work in films "Never Let Me Go" and "Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps" at the festival's awards gala at the Palm Springs Convention Center on January 8.
Festival chairman Harold Matzner calls the 25 year old "an actress of extraordinary talent and versatility," adding, "In her most recent performances as the estranged daughter of Gordon Gekko in Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps to Never Let Me Go, where her character learns that life isn't always what it seems, she brings uncommon vision and depth to her art."
The 22nd annual Palm Springs International Film Festival runs from January 6-17.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby