Carey Mulligan to Get Film Honor as Breakthrough Star
British actress Carey Mulligan is set to be honored as this year's breakthrough star at California's upcoming Palm Springs International Film Festival. The Oscar-nominated "An Education" star will be celebrated for her work in films "Never Let Me Go" and "Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps" at the festival's awards gala at the Palm Springs Convention Center on January 8.
Festival chairman Harold Matzner calls the 25 year old "an actress of extraordinary talent and versatility," adding, "In her most recent performances as the estranged daughter of Gordon Gekko in Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps to Never Let Me Go, where her character learns that life isn't always what it seems, she brings uncommon vision and depth to her art."
The 22nd annual Palm Springs International Film Festival runs from January 6-17.
- Jennifer Aniston Returns to TV With Reese Witherspoon on Series About Morning Shows
- Madison Beer Is Not Dating Brooklyn Beckham
- Katy Perry to Host the 2017 MTV Video Music Awards
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show