Carey Mulligan to Get Film Honor as Breakthrough Star
British actress Carey Mulligan is set to be honored as this year's breakthrough star at California's upcoming Palm Springs International Film Festival. The Oscar-nominated "An Education" star will be celebrated for her work in films "Never Let Me Go" and "Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps" at the festival's awards gala at the Palm Springs Convention Center on January 8.
Festival chairman Harold Matzner calls the 25 year old "an actress of extraordinary talent and versatility," adding, "In her most recent performances as the estranged daughter of Gordon Gekko in Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps to Never Let Me Go, where her character learns that life isn't always what it seems, she brings uncommon vision and depth to her art."
The 22nd annual Palm Springs International Film Festival runs from January 6-17.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri