Carey Mulligan to Get Film Honor as Breakthrough Star
British actress Carey Mulligan is set to be honored as this year's breakthrough star at California's upcoming Palm Springs International Film Festival. The Oscar-nominated "An Education" star will be celebrated for her work in films "Never Let Me Go" and "Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps" at the festival's awards gala at the Palm Springs Convention Center on January 8.
Festival chairman Harold Matzner calls the 25 year old "an actress of extraordinary talent and versatility," adding, "In her most recent performances as the estranged daughter of Gordon Gekko in Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps to Never Let Me Go, where her character learns that life isn't always what it seems, she brings uncommon vision and depth to her art."
The 22nd annual Palm Springs International Film Festival runs from January 6-17.
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier