Carey Mulligan to Get Film Honor as Breakthrough Star
British actress Carey Mulligan is set to be honored as this year's breakthrough star at California's upcoming Palm Springs International Film Festival. The Oscar-nominated "An Education" star will be celebrated for her work in films "Never Let Me Go" and "Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps" at the festival's awards gala at the Palm Springs Convention Center on January 8.
Festival chairman Harold Matzner calls the 25 year old "an actress of extraordinary talent and versatility," adding, "In her most recent performances as the estranged daughter of Gordon Gekko in Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps to Never Let Me Go, where her character learns that life isn't always what it seems, she brings uncommon vision and depth to her art."
The 22nd annual Palm Springs International Film Festival runs from January 6-17.
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding
- 'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Teases the Return of Mystery Character and 'Meaner' Season 5