Kate Hudson Mistaken as a Boy When Delivered
Actress Kate Hudson was born a boy - or so baby doctors thought in the delivery room. The "Almost Famous" star's mum Goldie Hawn was stunned when a midwife congratulated her on the birth of a healthy son when she knew her baby was a little girl.
At Monday, October 18's Elle Women in Hollywood dinner in Los Angeles, the "Private Benjamin" star recalled the happy day she gave birth to Kate in in 1979, telling EOnline.com, "I had a C-section... (and) I was lying there and they were slicing and dicing... (and) all of a sudden, out she comes and they say, 'It's a boy!' And I was lying there going, 'No, it's a girl!'
"I didn't know what she was. I just felt she was a girl... and I looked and them and they said, 'Oh, no... it is a girl!' I thought, 'What part of her anatomy are you looking at to make a mistake like that?'"
Hawn also told the website that little Kate was almost named Rebecca. She added, "I was going to name her Rebecca because it was biblical and romantic and genteel and then all of a sudden, she punched me so hard in my you know where - truly where the sun doesn't shine. I said, 'Oh, my God! This is a Kate. This isn't a Rebecca. This is a Kate!'"
Mum Goldie was beaming with pride at the Elle Women in Hollywood gala, where her daughter was honored alongside Oscar winners Gwyneth Paltrow and Hilary Swank, among others.
More Kate Hudson News
- Ciara Hits Recording Studio
- Jason Momoa's 'Aquaman' Gets New Release Date
- Report: David and Victoria Beckham Are Separating
- Justin Bieber Exposes His Upper Thighs During Outing
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie