Video: David Arquette Appears in No 'Proposition 23' Campaign
David Arquette is taking his mind off the breakdown of his marriage to Courteney Cox by leading a campaign against a suspension of California's greenhouse gas emissions law. The "Scream" star, who announced his split from Cox earlier this month, is starring in a series of online promos in protest against Proposition 23 - which will halt the state's 2006 law promising to reduce greenhouse gases by 2020.
In the video, titled "Don't Mess With California", Arquette plays the role of California and lashes out at a group of thugs representing the oil barons who have allegedly funded Proposition 23. Producers of the promo are hoping the online format will win over young voters who are not drawn in by traditional advertisements.
In the video, Arquette plays a hostage who is forced to vote for Proposition 23. He said no, got hit in the face but managed to free himself from the bind.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video