Video: David Arquette Appears in No 'Proposition 23' Campaign
David Arquette is taking his mind off the breakdown of his marriage to Courteney Cox by leading a campaign against a suspension of California's greenhouse gas emissions law. The "Scream" star, who announced his split from Cox earlier this month, is starring in a series of online promos in protest against Proposition 23 - which will halt the state's 2006 law promising to reduce greenhouse gases by 2020.
In the video, titled "Don't Mess With California", Arquette plays the role of California and lashes out at a group of thugs representing the oil barons who have allegedly funded Proposition 23. Producers of the promo are hoping the online format will win over young voters who are not drawn in by traditional advertisements.
In the video, Arquette plays a hostage who is forced to vote for Proposition 23. He said no, got hit in the face but managed to free himself from the bind.
- Taylor Swift's Squad Reportedly Abandons Her After Her 'Embarrassing Feuds and Breakups'
- Watch Britney Spears' Performance at Apple Music Festival in London
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Eliminates Second Pair of Season 23
- Miley Cyrus Disses Mariah Carey, Says 'I've Never Really Been a Fan'
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Reveals How 'Mary Poppins Returns' Connects to Original Movie
- FKA twigs Ditches Her Engagement Ring When Arriving at LAX With Robert Pattinson
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Aren't Speaking, but Not Breaking Up
- NBC's 'This Is Us' Is the First Freshman to Get Full Season Order