Video: David Arquette Appears in No 'Proposition 23' Campaign
David Arquette is taking his mind off the breakdown of his marriage to Courteney Cox by leading a campaign against a suspension of California's greenhouse gas emissions law. The "Scream" star, who announced his split from Cox earlier this month, is starring in a series of online promos in protest against Proposition 23 - which will halt the state's 2006 law promising to reduce greenhouse gases by 2020.
In the video, titled "Don't Mess With California", Arquette plays the role of California and lashes out at a group of thugs representing the oil barons who have allegedly funded Proposition 23. Producers of the promo are hoping the online format will win over young voters who are not drawn in by traditional advertisements.
In the video, Arquette plays a hostage who is forced to vote for Proposition 23. He said no, got hit in the face but managed to free himself from the bind.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered