Video: David Arquette Appears in No 'Proposition 23' Campaign
David Arquette is taking his mind off the breakdown of his marriage to Courteney Cox by leading a campaign against a suspension of California's greenhouse gas emissions law. The "Scream" star, who announced his split from Cox earlier this month, is starring in a series of online promos in protest against Proposition 23 - which will halt the state's 2006 law promising to reduce greenhouse gases by 2020.
In the video, titled "Don't Mess With California", Arquette plays the role of California and lashes out at a group of thugs representing the oil barons who have allegedly funded Proposition 23. Producers of the promo are hoping the online format will win over young voters who are not drawn in by traditional advertisements.
In the video, Arquette plays a hostage who is forced to vote for Proposition 23. He said no, got hit in the face but managed to free himself from the bind.
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom
- Celebrity Police Unit to Be Discontinued Following Big Bang's T.O.P's Marijuana Scandal
- Cara Delevingne Says She Wants to Be James Bond Amid Bond Girl Rumors
- Johnny Depp Demands Claim He Has 'Psychological Issues' Removed From Court Record
- Cheeky! Emily Ratajkowski Flashes Ample Cleavage in Polka Dot Outfit
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Anthony Scaramucci Hiring as New White House Press Secretary