John Mayer, Rob Thomas and Ben Harper Up for Michael Hutchence Tribute Album
John Mayer, Rob Thomas and Ben Harper have teamed up with Aussie rockers INXS for a tribute album to the band's late frontman Michael Hutchence. "Original Sin", which will hit stores and the internet in January 2011, features the tragic star's hits performed by a group of famous fans and his bandmates.
Stand-out tracks include Harper's take on "Never Tear Us Apart" and a new version of "Beautiful Girl" by Train star Pat Monahan, who jumped at the chance to perform with one of his favorite groups. He tells USA Today, "When they asked what song I wanted, I pulled out a list of about 30. Some may have forgotten how great a band INXS is, but maybe this will remind them, and introduce younger fans."
Michael Hutchence died in 1997.
More John Mayer News
- Ready to Mingle? Tom Cruise's 'Fallen' for 'M:I-6' Co-Star Vanessa Kirby
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza
- William Shatner Says Nick Viall 'Needs to Go' From 'DWTS', the 'Bachelor' Star Reacts