Melissa Etheridge Leads Last-Ditch Effort for California Marijuana Legalization
Rocker Melissa Etheridge is leading a last-ditch effort to legalize marijuana in California before the state votes on the issue next month, November. The "Come to My Window" singer and "Lethal Weapon" star Danny Glover are to join politicians and civic leaders at a Buddhafest press conference.
The conference will be held in Los Angeles on Thursday, October 21 to raise awareness in the final days before voting begins on California Proposition 19, which could result in a new pot bill to regulate, control and tax marijuana use among over-21s. The Grammy Award-winning musician is a longtime marijuana legalization advocate.
"We have politicians and top-notch celebrities who are going to talk about the need for change," said Brian Roberts, publisher of THC Expose magazine, who helped organize the event at Cafe Was in Hollywood, of the legalization as quoted by Los Angeles Times. "If we vote yes, it changes the entire world view."
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7