Melissa Etheridge Leads Last-Ditch Effort for California Marijuana Legalization
Rocker Melissa Etheridge is leading a last-ditch effort to legalize marijuana in California before the state votes on the issue next month, November. The "Come to My Window" singer and "Lethal Weapon" star Danny Glover are to join politicians and civic leaders at a Buddhafest press conference.
The conference will be held in Los Angeles on Thursday, October 21 to raise awareness in the final days before voting begins on California Proposition 19, which could result in a new pot bill to regulate, control and tax marijuana use among over-21s. The Grammy Award-winning musician is a longtime marijuana legalization advocate.
"We have politicians and top-notch celebrities who are going to talk about the need for change," said Brian Roberts, publisher of THC Expose magazine, who helped organize the event at Cafe Was in Hollywood, of the legalization as quoted by Los Angeles Times. "If we vote yes, it changes the entire world view."
- Bella Hadid Flashes Nipples and Panties in New Seductive Pic for Love Magazine
- Lindsay Lohan Really Wants to Play Ariel in 'The Little Mermaid'
- 'Veep': Selina Will Spread Democracy Like 'Patient Zero' in First Teaser for Season 6
- Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic Slammed by Fans for Blatant Inaccuracies
- Sofia Richie Flashes Nipples in Boob-Baring Outfit at London Fashion Week
- Chelsea Clinton Trolls President Trump on Twitter for His Baffling Sweden Comment
- 'Atlanta', 'Moonlight' and 'The Americans' Among Winners of 2017 Writers Guild Awards
- Artist of the Week: Chance The Rapper