Melissa Etheridge Leads Last-Ditch Effort for California Marijuana Legalization
Rocker Melissa Etheridge is leading a last-ditch effort to legalize marijuana in California before the state votes on the issue next month, November. The "Come to My Window" singer and "Lethal Weapon" star Danny Glover are to join politicians and civic leaders at a Buddhafest press conference.
The conference will be held in Los Angeles on Thursday, October 21 to raise awareness in the final days before voting begins on California Proposition 19, which could result in a new pot bill to regulate, control and tax marijuana use among over-21s. The Grammy Award-winning musician is a longtime marijuana legalization advocate.
"We have politicians and top-notch celebrities who are going to talk about the need for change," said Brian Roberts, publisher of THC Expose magazine, who helped organize the event at Cafe Was in Hollywood, of the legalization as quoted by Los Angeles Times. "If we vote yes, it changes the entire world view."
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism
- Elle Fanning Turns Her Dream Into Reality in New 'Leap!' Trailer
- This Is What Bella Thorne Does When Asked If Scott Disick Is a Sex Addict
- Bye Exes Feud! Nicki Minaj Is 'Happily Moving On' With Nas
- Jay-Z Shares '4:44' Dramatic Trailer Titled 'Kill Jay Z'