Melissa Etheridge Leads Last-Ditch Effort for California Marijuana Legalization
Rocker Melissa Etheridge is leading a last-ditch effort to legalize marijuana in California before the state votes on the issue next month, November. The "Come to My Window" singer and "Lethal Weapon" star Danny Glover are to join politicians and civic leaders at a Buddhafest press conference.
The conference will be held in Los Angeles on Thursday, October 21 to raise awareness in the final days before voting begins on California Proposition 19, which could result in a new pot bill to regulate, control and tax marijuana use among over-21s. The Grammy Award-winning musician is a longtime marijuana legalization advocate.
"We have politicians and top-notch celebrities who are going to talk about the need for change," said Brian Roberts, publisher of THC Expose magazine, who helped organize the event at Cafe Was in Hollywood, of the legalization as quoted by Los Angeles Times. "If we vote yes, it changes the entire world view."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce