Melissa Etheridge Leads Last-Ditch Effort for California Marijuana Legalization
Rocker Melissa Etheridge is leading a last-ditch effort to legalize marijuana in California before the state votes on the issue next month, November. The "Come to My Window" singer and "Lethal Weapon" star Danny Glover are to join politicians and civic leaders at a Buddhafest press conference.
The conference will be held in Los Angeles on Thursday, October 21 to raise awareness in the final days before voting begins on California Proposition 19, which could result in a new pot bill to regulate, control and tax marijuana use among over-21s. The Grammy Award-winning musician is a longtime marijuana legalization advocate.
"We have politicians and top-notch celebrities who are going to talk about the need for change," said Brian Roberts, publisher of THC Expose magazine, who helped organize the event at Cafe Was in Hollywood, of the legalization as quoted by Los Angeles Times. "If we vote yes, it changes the entire world view."
More Melissa Etheridge News
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis