Andy Serkis Strangled by Crazed Female Fan for Refusing to Impersonate Gollum
Andy Serkis was once strangled by a crazed female fan after refusing to impersonate his "Lord of the Rings" character Gollum for her. The British actor was enjoying a family trip to Disneyland in the U.S. when a young woman approached him and asked the star to speak in his most famous role's creepy voice.
Serkis politely declined - but the furious woman grabbed him by the throat and refused to let go until he agreed to perform. He tells ShortList magazine, "She grabbed my neck and wouldn't let me go until I did it. There were 15 people there with her and none of them could get her off me. In the end I just did it to end the ordeal."
Andy Serkis is set to reprise his role as Gollum/Smeagol in upcoming movie "The Hobbit" which is set for 2012 release. In the adventure/fantasy project, he will star opposite Hugo Weaving and Ian McKellen.
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes