Andy Serkis Strangled by Crazed Female Fan for Refusing to Impersonate Gollum
Andy Serkis was once strangled by a crazed female fan after refusing to impersonate his "Lord of the Rings" character Gollum for her. The British actor was enjoying a family trip to Disneyland in the U.S. when a young woman approached him and asked the star to speak in his most famous role's creepy voice.
Serkis politely declined - but the furious woman grabbed him by the throat and refused to let go until he agreed to perform. He tells ShortList magazine, "She grabbed my neck and wouldn't let me go until I did it. There were 15 people there with her and none of them could get her off me. In the end I just did it to end the ordeal."
Andy Serkis is set to reprise his role as Gollum/Smeagol in upcoming movie "The Hobbit" which is set for 2012 release. In the adventure/fantasy project, he will star opposite Hugo Weaving and Ian McKellen.
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'
- Amber Heard Reportedly Dating a Musician After Johnny Depp Split. Who's Her New Man?
- NBC Announces Next Live Musical 'Bye Bye Birdie' Starring Jennifer Lopez
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?