Andy Serkis Strangled by Crazed Female Fan for Refusing to Impersonate Gollum
Andy Serkis was once strangled by a crazed female fan after refusing to impersonate his "Lord of the Rings" character Gollum for her. The British actor was enjoying a family trip to Disneyland in the U.S. when a young woman approached him and asked the star to speak in his most famous role's creepy voice.
Serkis politely declined - but the furious woman grabbed him by the throat and refused to let go until he agreed to perform. He tells ShortList magazine, "She grabbed my neck and wouldn't let me go until I did it. There were 15 people there with her and none of them could get her off me. In the end I just did it to end the ordeal."
Andy Serkis is set to reprise his role as Gollum/Smeagol in upcoming movie "The Hobbit" which is set for 2012 release. In the adventure/fantasy project, he will star opposite Hugo Weaving and Ian McKellen.
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'