Andy Serkis Strangled by Crazed Female Fan for Refusing to Impersonate Gollum
Andy Serkis was once strangled by a crazed female fan after refusing to impersonate his "Lord of the Rings" character Gollum for her. The British actor was enjoying a family trip to Disneyland in the U.S. when a young woman approached him and asked the star to speak in his most famous role's creepy voice.
Serkis politely declined - but the furious woman grabbed him by the throat and refused to let go until he agreed to perform. He tells ShortList magazine, "She grabbed my neck and wouldn't let me go until I did it. There were 15 people there with her and none of them could get her off me. In the end I just did it to end the ordeal."
Andy Serkis is set to reprise his role as Gollum/Smeagol in upcoming movie "The Hobbit" which is set for 2012 release. In the adventure/fantasy project, he will star opposite Hugo Weaving and Ian McKellen.
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic