Princess Diana's Fuschia Evening Gown Is the Biggest Draw in Online Auction
A pink designer dress worn by the late Diana, Princess of Wales, has gone under the hammer for almost $205,500. The fuschia evening gown by Victor Edelstein was among a collection of top celebrity memorabilia, including props worn by Michael Jackson and Elvis Presley, which were sold at the Gotta Have It! Rock and Pop Culture Auction last week.
The late British royal wore the dress to a gala with the President of Hungary in 1992 and it proved to be the biggest draw in the online sale, overshadowing the $62,250 one bidder paid for a pair of gloves worn by Jackson during a photoshoot for his classic album "Bad", reports TMZ.
A jacket The Rolling Stones star Keith Richards wore on the High Tides and Green Grass album sold for $36,000, while a 'Mr. Tiger' Karate Diamond Ring owned by Presley was snapped up for $27,350, and a handwritten poem by John Lennon, titled The National Health Cow, went for $21,000.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival