Margaret Thatcher Hospitalized From Nasty Bout of Influenza
Former U.K. Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher has been admitted to hospital after failing to recover from a nasty bout of influenza. The 'Iron Lady' was forced to pull out of her 85th birthday party at her former residence, 10 Downing Street in London, last Wednesday, October 13 because she was too ill to attend.
She urged Britain's current leader David Cameron not to cancel the party, and told the 150 guests in a message that she was "so disappointed" that she wasn't able to make it to the festivities. The Baroness was taken to Cromwell Hospital in the British capital on Tuesday, October 18 as a "precautionary measure".
Concerns for Thatcher's health have escalated following a number of strokes. She broke her arm in a fall at her home last year.
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!
- Amy Adams Tries to Save The World From Aliens in Tense 'Arrival' Trailer
- Shania Twain Promises New Music, Carrie Underwood Gets Teary at CMT Artists of the Year
- Benedict Cumberbatch Is Expecting Second Child With Wife Sophie Hunter
- Ciara Drops Defamation Suit Against Ex Future Because She Has Too Much Money