Margaret Thatcher Hospitalized From Nasty Bout of Influenza
Former U.K. Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher has been admitted to hospital after failing to recover from a nasty bout of influenza. The 'Iron Lady' was forced to pull out of her 85th birthday party at her former residence, 10 Downing Street in London, last Wednesday, October 13 because she was too ill to attend.
She urged Britain's current leader David Cameron not to cancel the party, and told the 150 guests in a message that she was "so disappointed" that she wasn't able to make it to the festivities. The Baroness was taken to Cromwell Hospital in the British capital on Tuesday, October 18 as a "precautionary measure".
Concerns for Thatcher's health have escalated following a number of strokes. She broke her arm in a fall at her home last year.
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos