Margaret Thatcher Hospitalized From Nasty Bout of Influenza
Former U.K. Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher has been admitted to hospital after failing to recover from a nasty bout of influenza. The 'Iron Lady' was forced to pull out of her 85th birthday party at her former residence, 10 Downing Street in London, last Wednesday, October 13 because she was too ill to attend.
She urged Britain's current leader David Cameron not to cancel the party, and told the 150 guests in a message that she was "so disappointed" that she wasn't able to make it to the festivities. The Baroness was taken to Cromwell Hospital in the British capital on Tuesday, October 18 as a "precautionary measure".
Concerns for Thatcher's health have escalated following a number of strokes. She broke her arm in a fall at her home last year.
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- 'Bones' Showrunner on Series Finale: 'It's the End, but It's Not the End'
- Spider-Man May Leave Marvel Cinematic Universe After 'Spiderman: Homecoming' Sequel
- Harry Styles to Make Debut as Solo Artist on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman Reunite for NBC's Competition Series 'Handmade Project'
- Mila Kunis Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body, 4 Months After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri