Margaret Thatcher Hospitalized From Nasty Bout of Influenza
Former U.K. Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher has been admitted to hospital after failing to recover from a nasty bout of influenza. The 'Iron Lady' was forced to pull out of her 85th birthday party at her former residence, 10 Downing Street in London, last Wednesday, October 13 because she was too ill to attend.
She urged Britain's current leader David Cameron not to cancel the party, and told the 150 guests in a message that she was "so disappointed" that she wasn't able to make it to the festivities. The Baroness was taken to Cromwell Hospital in the British capital on Tuesday, October 18 as a "precautionary measure".
Concerns for Thatcher's health have escalated following a number of strokes. She broke her arm in a fall at her home last year.
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer