Margaret Thatcher Hospitalized From Nasty Bout of Influenza
Former U.K. Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher has been admitted to hospital after failing to recover from a nasty bout of influenza. The 'Iron Lady' was forced to pull out of her 85th birthday party at her former residence, 10 Downing Street in London, last Wednesday, October 13 because she was too ill to attend.
She urged Britain's current leader David Cameron not to cancel the party, and told the 150 guests in a message that she was "so disappointed" that she wasn't able to make it to the festivities. The Baroness was taken to Cromwell Hospital in the British capital on Tuesday, October 18 as a "precautionary measure".
Concerns for Thatcher's health have escalated following a number of strokes. She broke her arm in a fall at her home last year.
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident