Lily Allen's Clothes Shop Inspired by Love of Fancy Dress
Singer-turned-entrepreneur Lily Allen was inspired to launch a clothes shop by her love of fancy dress costumes. The pregnant "Smile" hitmaker walked away from recording and touring earlier this year to start a family with boyfriend Sam Cooper and concentrate on her business interests.
She launched a London-based designer clothes hire shop, Lucy In Disguise, in September and now she's revealed she has wanted to run a fashion store since she was a child - when she would dress up in outrageous outfits.
Allen tells Stylist magazine, "When we were kids we were always dressing up. We'd do themes like farmyard animals, and we'd all dress up as dormice and pigs." But she quickly realized her store would have to stock more sombre clothing to make a profit, adding: "After all, not everyone wants to dress up as a pig."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival