Lily Allen's Clothes Shop Inspired by Love of Fancy Dress
Singer-turned-entrepreneur Lily Allen was inspired to launch a clothes shop by her love of fancy dress costumes. The pregnant "Smile" hitmaker walked away from recording and touring earlier this year to start a family with boyfriend Sam Cooper and concentrate on her business interests.
She launched a London-based designer clothes hire shop, Lucy In Disguise, in September and now she's revealed she has wanted to run a fashion store since she was a child - when she would dress up in outrageous outfits.
Allen tells Stylist magazine, "When we were kids we were always dressing up. We'd do themes like farmyard animals, and we'd all dress up as dormice and pigs." But she quickly realized her store would have to stock more sombre clothing to make a profit, adding: "After all, not everyone wants to dress up as a pig."
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special