Lily Allen's Clothes Shop Inspired by Love of Fancy Dress
Singer-turned-entrepreneur Lily Allen was inspired to launch a clothes shop by her love of fancy dress costumes. The pregnant "Smile" hitmaker walked away from recording and touring earlier this year to start a family with boyfriend Sam Cooper and concentrate on her business interests.
She launched a London-based designer clothes hire shop, Lucy In Disguise, in September and now she's revealed she has wanted to run a fashion store since she was a child - when she would dress up in outrageous outfits.
Allen tells Stylist magazine, "When we were kids we were always dressing up. We'd do themes like farmyard animals, and we'd all dress up as dormice and pigs." But she quickly realized her store would have to stock more sombre clothing to make a profit, adding: "After all, not everyone wants to dress up as a pig."
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending