Lily Allen's Clothes Shop Inspired by Love of Fancy Dress
Singer-turned-entrepreneur Lily Allen was inspired to launch a clothes shop by her love of fancy dress costumes. The pregnant "Smile" hitmaker walked away from recording and touring earlier this year to start a family with boyfriend Sam Cooper and concentrate on her business interests.
She launched a London-based designer clothes hire shop, Lucy In Disguise, in September and now she's revealed she has wanted to run a fashion store since she was a child - when she would dress up in outrageous outfits.
Allen tells Stylist magazine, "When we were kids we were always dressing up. We'd do themes like farmyard animals, and we'd all dress up as dormice and pigs." But she quickly realized her store would have to stock more sombre clothing to make a profit, adding: "After all, not everyone wants to dress up as a pig."
More Lily Allen News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby