Charlotte Church Sells New Album on Shopping Channel
Charlotte Church is using an unusual method to boost her record sales - the Welsh singer is selling her new album on a home shopping channel. The 24 year old is making her pop comeback after taking time off to start a family and is hoping to hit the charts again with "Back to Scratch", which was recorded with help from an investment company and will be released on an independent label.
And Church attempted to drum up some sales on Monday, October 18 night by appearing on U.K. shopping channel QVC to shift copies of her record. Church sang several songs from the new album and explained her unusual method of delivering her work to the public.
She says, "It's all about musical expression - commercial success and sales are very important and always great but they're not the be all and end all any more. I would rather make really great music that I love that's really heartfelt and means something to people rather than be on the treadmill of music commercial success."
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular
- Cheryl Signs Up for Private Boxing Sessions in an Attempt to Get Back Into Shape After Giving Birth
- Jake Gyllenhaal Loses His Legs in Boston Marathon Bombing in Intense Trailer for 'Stronger'
- 50 Cent Has the Hots for Helen Mirren Despite 30-Year Age Gap: 'She Turns Me On'
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sparks Plastic Surgery Speculations
- Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers Revive 'SNL' 'Really?!' Segment to Mock Pro-Trump Protesters