Charlotte Church Sells New Album on Shopping Channel
Charlotte Church is using an unusual method to boost her record sales - the Welsh singer is selling her new album on a home shopping channel. The 24 year old is making her pop comeback after taking time off to start a family and is hoping to hit the charts again with "Back to Scratch", which was recorded with help from an investment company and will be released on an independent label.
And Church attempted to drum up some sales on Monday, October 18 night by appearing on U.K. shopping channel QVC to shift copies of her record. Church sang several songs from the new album and explained her unusual method of delivering her work to the public.
She says, "It's all about musical expression - commercial success and sales are very important and always great but they're not the be all and end all any more. I would rather make really great music that I love that's really heartfelt and means something to people rather than be on the treadmill of music commercial success."
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake
- This Picture of Princess Charlotte Snuggling a Bunny at Playdate in Canada Is Just Too Cute
- Here's What Tim Burton Says About Lack of Diversity in 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'
- Here's What Happens to Kylie Jenner's Number That Rob Kardashian Leaked on Twitter
- First Look at Justice Society of America in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' Season 2 Photos
- Tom Cruise Beats the Bad Guys to Death in 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' IMAX Trailer
- The Weeknd Releases New Single 'False Alarm'
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer