Charlotte Church Sells New Album on Shopping Channel
Charlotte Church is using an unusual method to boost her record sales - the Welsh singer is selling her new album on a home shopping channel. The 24 year old is making her pop comeback after taking time off to start a family and is hoping to hit the charts again with "Back to Scratch", which was recorded with help from an investment company and will be released on an independent label.
And Church attempted to drum up some sales on Monday, October 18 night by appearing on U.K. shopping channel QVC to shift copies of her record. Church sang several songs from the new album and explained her unusual method of delivering her work to the public.
She says, "It's all about musical expression - commercial success and sales are very important and always great but they're not the be all and end all any more. I would rather make really great music that I love that's really heartfelt and means something to people rather than be on the treadmill of music commercial success."
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny