Professor Green Thought He Would Die After Slashed
British rapper Professor Green has told a London court he was convinced he would die after he was stabbed in the neck last year - and he even phoned his mother to say goodbye. Anthony Jones, 25, is on trial accused of attacking the star with a broken bottle during an altercation at Cargo nightclub in Shoreditch, east London.
Prosecutors allege Jones lashed out at the rapper - real name Stephen Manderson - after he accidentally jostled one of the accused's friends. Green was left gushing blood from a large wound in his neck and he took the stand at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Tuesday, October 19 to tell how he feared for his life during the incident.
He told the court, "I was scared. Having been cut in the neck - I know what tends to happen when people get cut in the neck. I was extremely lucky. I phoned my mother and grandmother and said goodbye. I had been stabbed in my neck."
Jones denies wounding with intent. The trial continues.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns