Professor Green Thought He Would Die After Slashed
British rapper Professor Green has told a London court he was convinced he would die after he was stabbed in the neck last year - and he even phoned his mother to say goodbye. Anthony Jones, 25, is on trial accused of attacking the star with a broken bottle during an altercation at Cargo nightclub in Shoreditch, east London.
Prosecutors allege Jones lashed out at the rapper - real name Stephen Manderson - after he accidentally jostled one of the accused's friends. Green was left gushing blood from a large wound in his neck and he took the stand at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Tuesday, October 19 to tell how he feared for his life during the incident.
He told the court, "I was scared. Having been cut in the neck - I know what tends to happen when people get cut in the neck. I was extremely lucky. I phoned my mother and grandmother and said goodbye. I had been stabbed in my neck."
Jones denies wounding with intent. The trial continues.
- Gisele Bundchen Gets Shirtless Assistant Taking Care of Her Booty During Photo Shoot
- Beyonce Remembers Aaliyah 15 Years Later With Sweet Throwback Video
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Kills Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'