Professor Green Thought He Would Die After Slashed
British rapper Professor Green has told a London court he was convinced he would die after he was stabbed in the neck last year - and he even phoned his mother to say goodbye. Anthony Jones, 25, is on trial accused of attacking the star with a broken bottle during an altercation at Cargo nightclub in Shoreditch, east London.
Prosecutors allege Jones lashed out at the rapper - real name Stephen Manderson - after he accidentally jostled one of the accused's friends. Green was left gushing blood from a large wound in his neck and he took the stand at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Tuesday, October 19 to tell how he feared for his life during the incident.
He told the court, "I was scared. Having been cut in the neck - I know what tends to happen when people get cut in the neck. I was extremely lucky. I phoned my mother and grandmother and said goodbye. I had been stabbed in my neck."
Jones denies wounding with intent. The trial continues.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March