Professor Green Thought He Would Die After Slashed
British rapper Professor Green has told a London court he was convinced he would die after he was stabbed in the neck last year - and he even phoned his mother to say goodbye. Anthony Jones, 25, is on trial accused of attacking the star with a broken bottle during an altercation at Cargo nightclub in Shoreditch, east London.
Prosecutors allege Jones lashed out at the rapper - real name Stephen Manderson - after he accidentally jostled one of the accused's friends. Green was left gushing blood from a large wound in his neck and he took the stand at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Tuesday, October 19 to tell how he feared for his life during the incident.
He told the court, "I was scared. Having been cut in the neck - I know what tends to happen when people get cut in the neck. I was extremely lucky. I phoned my mother and grandmother and said goodbye. I had been stabbed in my neck."
Jones denies wounding with intent. The trial continues.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle