Queen Latifah's 'Single Ladies' Turning TV Series on VH1
Queen Latifah's upcoming "Single Ladies" film is heading to the small screen - the movie has been expanded into a weekly U.S. television series. Latifah took inspiration from Beyonce Knowles for the film, about a group of girlfriends who are unlucky in love, naming it after the singer's hit "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)".
And now the movie, starring Stacey Dash, LisaRaye McCoy and Charity Shea, is to become an eight-episode VH1 network series, which is set to launch in July 2011. Latifah, who was not initially featured in the project, is now scheduled to make a guest appearance in the expanded TV version, reports Variety.
She says: "My (producing) partner Shakim (Compere) and I are excited to collaborate with VH1, as they have a similar vision on how to bring this show to life. I think Single Ladies will really fill a hole in what is needed on television today."
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl