Queen Latifah's 'Single Ladies' Turning TV Series on VH1
Queen Latifah's upcoming "Single Ladies" film is heading to the small screen - the movie has been expanded into a weekly U.S. television series. Latifah took inspiration from Beyonce Knowles for the film, about a group of girlfriends who are unlucky in love, naming it after the singer's hit "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)".
And now the movie, starring Stacey Dash, LisaRaye McCoy and Charity Shea, is to become an eight-episode VH1 network series, which is set to launch in July 2011. Latifah, who was not initially featured in the project, is now scheduled to make a guest appearance in the expanded TV version, reports Variety.
She says: "My (producing) partner Shakim (Compere) and I are excited to collaborate with VH1, as they have a similar vision on how to bring this show to life. I think Single Ladies will really fill a hole in what is needed on television today."
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3