Queen Latifah's 'Single Ladies' Turning TV Series on VH1
Queen Latifah's upcoming "Single Ladies" film is heading to the small screen - the movie has been expanded into a weekly U.S. television series. Latifah took inspiration from Beyonce Knowles for the film, about a group of girlfriends who are unlucky in love, naming it after the singer's hit "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)".
And now the movie, starring Stacey Dash, LisaRaye McCoy and Charity Shea, is to become an eight-episode VH1 network series, which is set to launch in July 2011. Latifah, who was not initially featured in the project, is now scheduled to make a guest appearance in the expanded TV version, reports Variety.
She says: "My (producing) partner Shakim (Compere) and I are excited to collaborate with VH1, as they have a similar vision on how to bring this show to life. I think Single Ladies will really fill a hole in what is needed on television today."
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth
- Andy Samberg Really Is a 'Weirdo' on New Freestyle From 'Popstar'
- Ben Affleck Spotted Wearing Eyeliner During Outing With Jennifer Garner and Kids
- 'Run's House' Star Angela Simmons Expecting First Child. See Her Baby Bump