Jodie Foster: Mel Gibson Is Most Loved Man in Movie Biz
Jodie Foster is convinced her pal Mel Gibson will be able to successfully resurrect his movie career following his recent personal problems as he is "the most loved man in the film business". Gibson's personal life was thrust into the spotlight earlier this year when his ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva accused him of knocking her teeth out during a fight in January.
Tapes of their bitter arguments later surfaced online and hit headlines across the world. His latest film offering, "The Beaver", which is directed by Foster, is said to have been put on hold until Gibson's troubles clear, but he has reportedly landed a cameo role in the upcoming "The Hangover" sequel.
And Foster, who appeared with Gibson in 1994 Western film "Maverick", is adamant her friend will make a successful big screen comeback. She tells Extra, "He is incredibly loved by everyone that's ever come into contact with him or works with him. He is truly the most loved man in the film business, so, hopefully that stands for something."
More Jodie Foster News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story