Simon Cowell to Sign New Deal With U.K. TV Network
Simon Cowell has negotiated a new U.K. TV deal to continue making his hugely popular talent shows "The X Factor" and "Britain's Got Talent" - for a reported $150 million. The music mogul has signed a new three-year contract with British broadcaster ITV to keep the hit shows on the network until 2013.
The deal comes after months of speculation Cowell will take "The X Factor" off-air in the U.K. in 2011 so he can concentrate on launching the contest Stateside. It is thought Cowell will personally bank around $30 million from the contract, according to Britain's The Sun.
Cowell says, "I'm thrilled to conclude this deal with ITV to enable our relationship to continue to develop. I'm committed to making sure both shows get bigger and better every year."
More Simon Cowell News
- Kourtney Kardashian Posts This Sweet Picture to Wish Scott Disick a Happy Birthday
- Justin Bieber and Skrillex Sued for Allegedly Ripping Off 'Sorry'
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin Reach Divorce Settlement
- Nick Jonas Goes Shirtless in First Trailer for Erotic Thriller 'Careful What You Wish For'
- Johnny Depp Releases Statement Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image