Simon Cowell to Sign New Deal With U.K. TV Network
Simon Cowell has negotiated a new U.K. TV deal to continue making his hugely popular talent shows "The X Factor" and "Britain's Got Talent" - for a reported $150 million. The music mogul has signed a new three-year contract with British broadcaster ITV to keep the hit shows on the network until 2013.
The deal comes after months of speculation Cowell will take "The X Factor" off-air in the U.K. in 2011 so he can concentrate on launching the contest Stateside. It is thought Cowell will personally bank around $30 million from the contract, according to Britain's The Sun.
Cowell says, "I'm thrilled to conclude this deal with ITV to enable our relationship to continue to develop. I'm committed to making sure both shows get bigger and better every year."
More Simon Cowell News
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up