Mike Tyson's Charity Trip Scrapped Due to Expensive Ticket
Mike Tyson has been forced to scrap a charity trip to the Czech Republic after potential bidders failed to show interest in spending time with the ex-boxing champ. The 44-year-old former fighter was set to jet into Prague on Tuesday, October 19 as part of a five-day charity visit to raise funds for a children's hospital in the city.
Organizers had hoped fans would bid big for the chance to meet the star and offered a training session with Tyson for $1,315 and a dinner with the star for a staggering $157,000. But after tickets failed to sell, the trip was canceled.
Promoter Rey Karpf says, "The tickets were unfortunately too expensive for the local market. We didn't sell enough." It hasn't been a great week for Tyson - a photographer he allegedly assaulted during an airport altercation in 2009 has filed a $25 million lawsuit against him.
- Kanye West Surprises Kim Kardashian With Huge Flower Bouquets Again for Wedding Anniversary
- Peek-a-Boob! Pamela Anderson Flaunts Famous Cleavage in Slashed Gown in Monaco
- Ben Stiller and Christine Taylor Announce Split After 17 Years of Marriage
- Ariana Grande Shares Emotional Letter, Announces Manchester Benefit Concert: 'We Won't Let Hate Win'
- 'Paddington 2' Gets a January 2018 Release Date
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?