Mike Tyson's Charity Trip Scrapped Due to Expensive Ticket
Mike Tyson has been forced to scrap a charity trip to the Czech Republic after potential bidders failed to show interest in spending time with the ex-boxing champ. The 44-year-old former fighter was set to jet into Prague on Tuesday, October 19 as part of a five-day charity visit to raise funds for a children's hospital in the city.
Organizers had hoped fans would bid big for the chance to meet the star and offered a training session with Tyson for $1,315 and a dinner with the star for a staggering $157,000. But after tickets failed to sell, the trip was canceled.
Promoter Rey Karpf says, "The tickets were unfortunately too expensive for the local market. We didn't sell enough." It hasn't been a great week for Tyson - a photographer he allegedly assaulted during an airport altercation in 2009 has filed a $25 million lawsuit against him.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!