Mike Tyson's Charity Trip Scrapped Due to Expensive Ticket
Mike Tyson has been forced to scrap a charity trip to the Czech Republic after potential bidders failed to show interest in spending time with the ex-boxing champ. The 44-year-old former fighter was set to jet into Prague on Tuesday, October 19 as part of a five-day charity visit to raise funds for a children's hospital in the city.
Organizers had hoped fans would bid big for the chance to meet the star and offered a training session with Tyson for $1,315 and a dinner with the star for a staggering $157,000. But after tickets failed to sell, the trip was canceled.
Promoter Rey Karpf says, "The tickets were unfortunately too expensive for the local market. We didn't sell enough." It hasn't been a great week for Tyson - a photographer he allegedly assaulted during an airport altercation in 2009 has filed a $25 million lawsuit against him.
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera