Mike Tyson's Charity Trip Scrapped Due to Expensive Ticket
Mike Tyson has been forced to scrap a charity trip to the Czech Republic after potential bidders failed to show interest in spending time with the ex-boxing champ. The 44-year-old former fighter was set to jet into Prague on Tuesday, October 19 as part of a five-day charity visit to raise funds for a children's hospital in the city.
Organizers had hoped fans would bid big for the chance to meet the star and offered a training session with Tyson for $1,315 and a dinner with the star for a staggering $157,000. But after tickets failed to sell, the trip was canceled.
Promoter Rey Karpf says, "The tickets were unfortunately too expensive for the local market. We didn't sell enough." It hasn't been a great week for Tyson - a photographer he allegedly assaulted during an airport altercation in 2009 has filed a $25 million lawsuit against him.
- Sofia Richie Blasts Tobey Maguire Romance Rumors
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Not Guilty in Pipeline Protest
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Get Nose Jobs as Humanoid Pets
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!
- Brad Pitt Finally Meets Son Maddox Since Plane Fight