Mike Tyson's Charity Trip Scrapped Due to Expensive Ticket
Mike Tyson has been forced to scrap a charity trip to the Czech Republic after potential bidders failed to show interest in spending time with the ex-boxing champ. The 44-year-old former fighter was set to jet into Prague on Tuesday, October 19 as part of a five-day charity visit to raise funds for a children's hospital in the city.
Organizers had hoped fans would bid big for the chance to meet the star and offered a training session with Tyson for $1,315 and a dinner with the star for a staggering $157,000. But after tickets failed to sell, the trip was canceled.
Promoter Rey Karpf says, "The tickets were unfortunately too expensive for the local market. We didn't sell enough." It hasn't been a great week for Tyson - a photographer he allegedly assaulted during an airport altercation in 2009 has filed a $25 million lawsuit against him.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked