Elton John Leaves Pop but Says Yes to GaGa
Elton John has ruled out recording any more pop albums, insisting he wants to devote the rest of his career to tackling the blues. The "Rocket Man" reveals working with piano legend Leon Russell on new album "The Union" has made Elton realize he's too old for the mainstream charts.
And, despite being one of the biggest pop stars of all time, he's turning his back on the genre. Elton tells USA Today, "I've never had such a personal experience making a record (as The Union) and it's given me verification that what I should do in the future is make records like this."
"I might collaborate with Lady GaGa or the Scissor Sisters on a single, but I'm not going to make pop albums anymore."
More Elton John News
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour