Elton John Leaves Pop but Says Yes to GaGa
Elton John has ruled out recording any more pop albums, insisting he wants to devote the rest of his career to tackling the blues. The "Rocket Man" reveals working with piano legend Leon Russell on new album "The Union" has made Elton realize he's too old for the mainstream charts.
And, despite being one of the biggest pop stars of all time, he's turning his back on the genre. Elton tells USA Today, "I've never had such a personal experience making a record (as The Union) and it's given me verification that what I should do in the future is make records like this."
"I might collaborate with Lady GaGa or the Scissor Sisters on a single, but I'm not going to make pop albums anymore."
More Elton John News
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl