Elton John Leaves Pop but Says Yes to GaGa
Elton John has ruled out recording any more pop albums, insisting he wants to devote the rest of his career to tackling the blues. The "Rocket Man" reveals working with piano legend Leon Russell on new album "The Union" has made Elton realize he's too old for the mainstream charts.
And, despite being one of the biggest pop stars of all time, he's turning his back on the genre. Elton tells USA Today, "I've never had such a personal experience making a record (as The Union) and it's given me verification that what I should do in the future is make records like this."
"I might collaborate with Lady GaGa or the Scissor Sisters on a single, but I'm not going to make pop albums anymore."
More Elton John News
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt