Elton John Leaves Pop but Says Yes to GaGa
Elton John has ruled out recording any more pop albums, insisting he wants to devote the rest of his career to tackling the blues. The "Rocket Man" reveals working with piano legend Leon Russell on new album "The Union" has made Elton realize he's too old for the mainstream charts.
And, despite being one of the biggest pop stars of all time, he's turning his back on the genre. Elton tells USA Today, "I've never had such a personal experience making a record (as The Union) and it's given me verification that what I should do in the future is make records like this."
"I might collaborate with Lady GaGa or the Scissor Sisters on a single, but I'm not going to make pop albums anymore."
More Elton John News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special