Mika Thankful for Emergency Services in Saving His Sister
Pop star Mika has thanked London's emergency services for rushing to his sister's aid after she was impaled on a metal rail following a freak fall from a window earlier this month. The "Grace Kelly" hitmaker's sibling, Paloma Penniman, fell 50 feet from a window at her home in Kensington, West London and landed on a metal rail last week.
Her legs were impaled on the rail's spikes, with one entering her abdomen. Firefighters quickly cut the section of the railing and a helicopter response team flew her to hospital. Mika has revealed his sister is now in a stable condition after a series of operations, and has expressed his gratitude to all those who were involved in helping her.
In a post on his website, he writes, "Paloma is in a stable condition at the Royal London Hospital. She has undergone extensive surgery to her legs and surgery to her abdomen. Although she is in a lot of pain, things are looking remarkably good considering what happened. Over the coming weeks, Paloma will undergo more surgery and start her rehabilitation programme."
Her recovery will be a long and difficult one but at this point in time there is no reason to believe that it won't be a successful one. Paloma and the whole family feel extremely lucky and we are eternally grateful to the helicopter response unit, doctors and nurses of the Royal London for saving her life."
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio