Mika Thankful for Emergency Services in Saving His Sister
Pop star Mika has thanked London's emergency services for rushing to his sister's aid after she was impaled on a metal rail following a freak fall from a window earlier this month. The "Grace Kelly" hitmaker's sibling, Paloma Penniman, fell 50 feet from a window at her home in Kensington, West London and landed on a metal rail last week.
Her legs were impaled on the rail's spikes, with one entering her abdomen. Firefighters quickly cut the section of the railing and a helicopter response team flew her to hospital. Mika has revealed his sister is now in a stable condition after a series of operations, and has expressed his gratitude to all those who were involved in helping her.
In a post on his website, he writes, "Paloma is in a stable condition at the Royal London Hospital. She has undergone extensive surgery to her legs and surgery to her abdomen. Although she is in a lot of pain, things are looking remarkably good considering what happened. Over the coming weeks, Paloma will undergo more surgery and start her rehabilitation programme."
Her recovery will be a long and difficult one but at this point in time there is no reason to believe that it won't be a successful one. Paloma and the whole family feel extremely lucky and we are eternally grateful to the helicopter response unit, doctors and nurses of the Royal London for saving her life."
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards
- Demi Lovato Surprises Fans as Undercover Lyft Driver and Disses Selena Gomez
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'