T.I. 'Disappointed' With 11-Month Prison Sentence
Rap superstar T.I. is "disappointed" to be heading back behind bars after an Atlanta, Georgia judge revoked his probation following his drug arrest in September. The "Live Your Life" hitmaker, who was released from prison in December 2009 stemming from 2007 gun charges, was busted with his wife Tameka 'Tiny' Cottle during a traffic stop in Los Angeles when police found illegal substances on their person.
T.I., real name Clifford Harris, Jr., was hauled back into court on Friday, October 15 to answer claims he had violated his parole, and pleaded with U.S. District Judge Charles Pannell, Jr. to send him to rehab to deal with his drug addiction instead of jail. But his desperate appeal failed to move Judge Pannell and he ordered T.I. to serve another 11 months in detention.
The rapper's lawyer, Dwight Thomas, admits T.I. was upset by the punishment - although he's relieved the judge didn't agree with the prosecution's suggested two-year sentence. Thomas tells website Freddyo.com, "Of course we're disappointed in the sentencing. At the same time, it's far less than what the government asked for... Of course he's disappointed. This is not what he expected; this is not what he wants in his life at this point."
T.I. has been ordered to report to authorities by the end of October. His impending prison time is likely to delay the release of his highly-anticipated comeback album "King Uncaged", which was expected to hit music retailers later this year.
More T.I. News
- Kris Jenner Comes Under Fire for Allegedly Photoshopping Her Latest Instagram Pic
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoniex' Confirmed to Introduce Dazzler
- Jennifer Lopez Claps Back at Haters for Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Abs
- Bella Thorne and Scott Disick Holding Hands After a Night of Partying and Boozing
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21