Rooney Mara Reportedly Pierces Nipples for 'Dragon Tattoo' Role
Rooney Mara has reportedly dyed her hair jet black and had her nipples pierced to fully transform herself into "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)". Rooney has been cast as tortured computer hacker Lisbeth Salander in the Hollywood adaptation of Stieg Larsson's Millennium Trilogy movie, a role previously played by Noomi Rapace in the original Swedish film.
A picture of Mara with a pierced lip leaked online earlier this month, prompting speculation the actress was undergoing an image transformation to physically resemble Salander, who is described as looking anorexic in the book. And now sources tell the New York Post director David Fincher has made Mara bleach her eyebrows, dye her light brown hair dark, and even pierce her nipples for a topless scene.
A spokesperson for the film has refused to confirm or deny the claims, but the rep insists, "She's going to look like the character as described in the novels."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal