Rooney Mara Reportedly Pierces Nipples for 'Dragon Tattoo' Role
Rooney Mara has reportedly dyed her hair jet black and had her nipples pierced to fully transform herself into "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)". Rooney has been cast as tortured computer hacker Lisbeth Salander in the Hollywood adaptation of Stieg Larsson's Millennium Trilogy movie, a role previously played by Noomi Rapace in the original Swedish film.
A picture of Mara with a pierced lip leaked online earlier this month, prompting speculation the actress was undergoing an image transformation to physically resemble Salander, who is described as looking anorexic in the book. And now sources tell the New York Post director David Fincher has made Mara bleach her eyebrows, dye her light brown hair dark, and even pierce her nipples for a topless scene.
A spokesperson for the film has refused to confirm or deny the claims, but the rep insists, "She's going to look like the character as described in the novels."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'