Rooney Mara Reportedly Pierces Nipples for 'Dragon Tattoo' Role
Rooney Mara has reportedly dyed her hair jet black and had her nipples pierced to fully transform herself into "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)". Rooney has been cast as tortured computer hacker Lisbeth Salander in the Hollywood adaptation of Stieg Larsson's Millennium Trilogy movie, a role previously played by Noomi Rapace in the original Swedish film.
A picture of Mara with a pierced lip leaked online earlier this month, prompting speculation the actress was undergoing an image transformation to physically resemble Salander, who is described as looking anorexic in the book. And now sources tell the New York Post director David Fincher has made Mara bleach her eyebrows, dye her light brown hair dark, and even pierce her nipples for a topless scene.
A spokesperson for the film has refused to confirm or deny the claims, but the rep insists, "She's going to look like the character as described in the novels."
- Jay-Z Turns 47! Beyonce, Tina Knowles and Kelly Rowland Celebrate Rapper's Birthday in L.A.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2