Rooney Mara Reportedly Pierces Nipples for 'Dragon Tattoo' Role
Rooney Mara has reportedly dyed her hair jet black and had her nipples pierced to fully transform herself into "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)". Rooney has been cast as tortured computer hacker Lisbeth Salander in the Hollywood adaptation of Stieg Larsson's Millennium Trilogy movie, a role previously played by Noomi Rapace in the original Swedish film.
A picture of Mara with a pierced lip leaked online earlier this month, prompting speculation the actress was undergoing an image transformation to physically resemble Salander, who is described as looking anorexic in the book. And now sources tell the New York Post director David Fincher has made Mara bleach her eyebrows, dye her light brown hair dark, and even pierce her nipples for a topless scene.
A spokesperson for the film has refused to confirm or deny the claims, but the rep insists, "She's going to look like the character as described in the novels."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences