Rooney Mara Reportedly Pierces Nipples for 'Dragon Tattoo' Role
Rooney Mara has reportedly dyed her hair jet black and had her nipples pierced to fully transform herself into "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)". Rooney has been cast as tortured computer hacker Lisbeth Salander in the Hollywood adaptation of Stieg Larsson's Millennium Trilogy movie, a role previously played by Noomi Rapace in the original Swedish film.
A picture of Mara with a pierced lip leaked online earlier this month, prompting speculation the actress was undergoing an image transformation to physically resemble Salander, who is described as looking anorexic in the book. And now sources tell the New York Post director David Fincher has made Mara bleach her eyebrows, dye her light brown hair dark, and even pierce her nipples for a topless scene.
A spokesperson for the film has refused to confirm or deny the claims, but the rep insists, "She's going to look like the character as described in the novels."
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?