Monica Addresses Marriage and Pregnancy Rumors
Singer Monica has defended her whirlwind romance with American basketball star Shannon Brown amid rumors the couple recently became engaged. The" Boy Is Mine" hitmaker began dating the Los Angeles Lakers star after he played her love interest in her music video, "Love All Over Me", this summer.
Over the weekend, Monica posted a photo of herself on Twitter.com wearing a diamond ring, prompting rumors she's set to marry the hunky athlete. The singer went on to thank fans for their congratulations but appeared to take exception to less supportive messages, telling "people who judge" to mind their own business.
In a series of posts, Monica wrote, "We realize people will have their opinions. That's the way of the world. But we know who we are... We pray 2 an awesome God 2gether (sic). And that is what keeps us strong. So for all my real supporters who are happy for me, I thank u, I love u, & I'm realistic enough about life to know my journey has just begun. I don't have anything else to say about it."
"To people who judge, if u worked on self u wouldn't even see me (sic)."
Monica did address one report about her love life, telling fans she isn't expecting a child with Brown, adding, "No I'm not pregnant. LOL (laugh out loud). Is that the thought. That's not the case. It's just love and love is powerful Remember God is love."
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months