Monica Addresses Marriage and Pregnancy Rumors
Singer Monica has defended her whirlwind romance with American basketball star Shannon Brown amid rumors the couple recently became engaged. The" Boy Is Mine" hitmaker began dating the Los Angeles Lakers star after he played her love interest in her music video, "Love All Over Me", this summer.
Over the weekend, Monica posted a photo of herself on Twitter.com wearing a diamond ring, prompting rumors she's set to marry the hunky athlete. The singer went on to thank fans for their congratulations but appeared to take exception to less supportive messages, telling "people who judge" to mind their own business.
In a series of posts, Monica wrote, "We realize people will have their opinions. That's the way of the world. But we know who we are... We pray 2 an awesome God 2gether (sic). And that is what keeps us strong. So for all my real supporters who are happy for me, I thank u, I love u, & I'm realistic enough about life to know my journey has just begun. I don't have anything else to say about it."
"To people who judge, if u worked on self u wouldn't even see me (sic)."
Monica did address one report about her love life, telling fans she isn't expecting a child with Brown, adding, "No I'm not pregnant. LOL (laugh out loud). Is that the thought. That's not the case. It's just love and love is powerful Remember God is love."
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Feud With Adam Lambert: 'This Is Completely Entertainment'
- SISTAR Disbands After 7 Years, Members Pen Heartfelt Handwritten Letters to Fans
- Michael Jackson's Songs Are Reportedly Not Allowed to Be Featured in 'Bubbles'
- The Weeknd Buys $18 Million Luxurious House. Will Selena Gomez Move In?
- Celine Dion and Cher Reportedly Feuding at BBMAs