Caleb Followill Tempted to Join Military
Kings of Leon frontman Caleb Followill nearly missed out on becoming a rock star - he contemplated joining the military before starting the band. The singer admits he was bored of life after finishing school and was tempted to join the army after spotting a sign looking for new recruits.
But Followill admits a mysterious 'calling' prompted him to try out a career in music - even though he didn't know how to play an instrument. He recalls, "We were actually painting houses in Oklahoma. We were sitting in a parking lot. I look and there was a thing to sign up for the military. I was looking at it really hard and thinking I'm gonna do it. I was just fed up with where my life was going and thought I'm gonna sign up."
"And as God as my witness, it was like on (movie) Field of Dreams: 'If you build it, he will come.' Something said, 'Write a song.' That night I went home and said, 'Hey boys, I'm going back to Tennessee.'"
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'