Caleb Followill Tempted to Join Military
Kings of Leon frontman Caleb Followill nearly missed out on becoming a rock star - he contemplated joining the military before starting the band. The singer admits he was bored of life after finishing school and was tempted to join the army after spotting a sign looking for new recruits.
But Followill admits a mysterious 'calling' prompted him to try out a career in music - even though he didn't know how to play an instrument. He recalls, "We were actually painting houses in Oklahoma. We were sitting in a parking lot. I look and there was a thing to sign up for the military. I was looking at it really hard and thinking I'm gonna do it. I was just fed up with where my life was going and thought I'm gonna sign up."
"And as God as my witness, it was like on (movie) Field of Dreams: 'If you build it, he will come.' Something said, 'Write a song.' That night I went home and said, 'Hey boys, I'm going back to Tennessee.'"
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory