Caleb Followill Tempted to Join Military
Kings of Leon frontman Caleb Followill nearly missed out on becoming a rock star - he contemplated joining the military before starting the band. The singer admits he was bored of life after finishing school and was tempted to join the army after spotting a sign looking for new recruits.
But Followill admits a mysterious 'calling' prompted him to try out a career in music - even though he didn't know how to play an instrument. He recalls, "We were actually painting houses in Oklahoma. We were sitting in a parking lot. I look and there was a thing to sign up for the military. I was looking at it really hard and thinking I'm gonna do it. I was just fed up with where my life was going and thought I'm gonna sign up."
"And as God as my witness, it was like on (movie) Field of Dreams: 'If you build it, he will come.' Something said, 'Write a song.' That night I went home and said, 'Hey boys, I'm going back to Tennessee.'"
- Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
- 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna