Caleb Followill Tempted to Join Military
Kings of Leon frontman Caleb Followill nearly missed out on becoming a rock star - he contemplated joining the military before starting the band. The singer admits he was bored of life after finishing school and was tempted to join the army after spotting a sign looking for new recruits.
But Followill admits a mysterious 'calling' prompted him to try out a career in music - even though he didn't know how to play an instrument. He recalls, "We were actually painting houses in Oklahoma. We were sitting in a parking lot. I look and there was a thing to sign up for the military. I was looking at it really hard and thinking I'm gonna do it. I was just fed up with where my life was going and thought I'm gonna sign up."
"And as God as my witness, it was like on (movie) Field of Dreams: 'If you build it, he will come.' Something said, 'Write a song.' That night I went home and said, 'Hey boys, I'm going back to Tennessee.'"
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'