Caleb Followill Tempted to Join Military
Kings of Leon frontman Caleb Followill nearly missed out on becoming a rock star - he contemplated joining the military before starting the band. The singer admits he was bored of life after finishing school and was tempted to join the army after spotting a sign looking for new recruits.
But Followill admits a mysterious 'calling' prompted him to try out a career in music - even though he didn't know how to play an instrument. He recalls, "We were actually painting houses in Oklahoma. We were sitting in a parking lot. I look and there was a thing to sign up for the military. I was looking at it really hard and thinking I'm gonna do it. I was just fed up with where my life was going and thought I'm gonna sign up."
"And as God as my witness, it was like on (movie) Field of Dreams: 'If you build it, he will come.' Something said, 'Write a song.' That night I went home and said, 'Hey boys, I'm going back to Tennessee.'"
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'