'Hereafter' Brings Back Terrible Memories for the Screenwriter
Screenwriter Peter Morgan struggled to write about the London terrorist bombings in the script from Clint Eastwood's new movie "Hereafter (2010)" - because it brought back terrible memories for the Brit. Morgan was in London when the second of the two terrorist attacks took place in 2005 and he can remember the chaos that brought the city to a standstill.
He says, "I happened to be in Holborn in Central London on the second one. What happened was because of the extent of the terrorist bombing on the first one, the whole of London shut down. I was in the middle of town exactly where one of the bombs had gone off."
"There was this extraordinary rush. An alarm goes off in the Central London transport network and no matter where the buses are they stop there and everybody has to get out of the buses. There were six or eight buses in Holborn like empty skyscrapers. People were just running and I happened to have a destination to get to and people were running collectively in one direction and I happened to be going in the other direction."
"When I saw their faces I thought, 'I've never seen people in my city so frightened'. They were removed from the telephones and I was very conscious of the fact that we were being presented with the possibility of imminent death."
The film revolves around world events from the past decade, including the London bombings and the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami.
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'