George Clooney Pens Article About the Potential of Civil War in Sudan
George Clooney has penned an article for the Washington Post in a bid to raise further awareness about the potential of a Civil War in the Sudan. Clooney and activist pal John Pendergast have been lobbying top politicians in the U.S. capital since returning from the Africa earlier this month, and they even met with President Barack Obama in a bid to persuade him to agree to help the people of southern Sudan if their dreams of independence from the warring factions of the north of the nation become reality in January, 2011.
And on Sunday, October 17, in an Op-Ed in the Washington Post, Clooney and Pendergast recalled their meeting with Obama, praising the President for being "in command of the facts and seized with the urgency of the moment."
In the piece Clooney urges Americans to step up and help the people of southern Sudan now before it's too late and billions of tax dollars are spent on "a humanitarian clean-up operation down the road".
More George Clooney News
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Livid at Kris Jenner, Says She Barely Gets Money From 'KUWTK'
- Paranoid Travis Scott Fears Kylie Jenner Is Just Using Him to Get Revenge on Tyga
- Park Bom Flaunts Backside in Skimpy Swimsuit
- Watch Fall Out Boy's Bizarre Clip for 'Young and Menace'
- Barack Obama Disses Donald Trump's Tweeting Habit