George Clooney Pens Article About the Potential of Civil War in Sudan
George Clooney has penned an article for the Washington Post in a bid to raise further awareness about the potential of a Civil War in the Sudan. Clooney and activist pal John Pendergast have been lobbying top politicians in the U.S. capital since returning from the Africa earlier this month, and they even met with President Barack Obama in a bid to persuade him to agree to help the people of southern Sudan if their dreams of independence from the warring factions of the north of the nation become reality in January, 2011.
And on Sunday, October 17, in an Op-Ed in the Washington Post, Clooney and Pendergast recalled their meeting with Obama, praising the President for being "in command of the facts and seized with the urgency of the moment."
In the piece Clooney urges Americans to step up and help the people of southern Sudan now before it's too late and billions of tax dollars are spent on "a humanitarian clean-up operation down the road".
More George Clooney News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story