George Clooney Pens Article About the Potential of Civil War in Sudan
George Clooney has penned an article for the Washington Post in a bid to raise further awareness about the potential of a Civil War in the Sudan. Clooney and activist pal John Pendergast have been lobbying top politicians in the U.S. capital since returning from the Africa earlier this month, and they even met with President Barack Obama in a bid to persuade him to agree to help the people of southern Sudan if their dreams of independence from the warring factions of the north of the nation become reality in January, 2011.
And on Sunday, October 17, in an Op-Ed in the Washington Post, Clooney and Pendergast recalled their meeting with Obama, praising the President for being "in command of the facts and seized with the urgency of the moment."
In the piece Clooney urges Americans to step up and help the people of southern Sudan now before it's too late and billions of tax dollars are spent on "a humanitarian clean-up operation down the road".
More George Clooney News
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars