George Clooney Pens Article About the Potential of Civil War in Sudan
George Clooney has penned an article for the Washington Post in a bid to raise further awareness about the potential of a Civil War in the Sudan. Clooney and activist pal John Pendergast have been lobbying top politicians in the U.S. capital since returning from the Africa earlier this month, and they even met with President Barack Obama in a bid to persuade him to agree to help the people of southern Sudan if their dreams of independence from the warring factions of the north of the nation become reality in January, 2011.
And on Sunday, October 17, in an Op-Ed in the Washington Post, Clooney and Pendergast recalled their meeting with Obama, praising the President for being "in command of the facts and seized with the urgency of the moment."
In the piece Clooney urges Americans to step up and help the people of southern Sudan now before it's too late and billions of tax dollars are spent on "a humanitarian clean-up operation down the road".
More George Clooney News
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says