George Clooney Pens Article About the Potential of Civil War in Sudan
George Clooney has penned an article for the Washington Post in a bid to raise further awareness about the potential of a Civil War in the Sudan. Clooney and activist pal John Pendergast have been lobbying top politicians in the U.S. capital since returning from the Africa earlier this month, and they even met with President Barack Obama in a bid to persuade him to agree to help the people of southern Sudan if their dreams of independence from the warring factions of the north of the nation become reality in January, 2011.
And on Sunday, October 17, in an Op-Ed in the Washington Post, Clooney and Pendergast recalled their meeting with Obama, praising the President for being "in command of the facts and seized with the urgency of the moment."
In the piece Clooney urges Americans to step up and help the people of southern Sudan now before it's too late and billions of tax dollars are spent on "a humanitarian clean-up operation down the road".
More George Clooney News
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage