Demi Lovato Quit School Because of Bullying
Demi Lovato was bullied so severely as a child she was forced to quit school to escape her tormentors. The actress has spoken out about her pre-teen trauma, following in the footsteps of other bullied celebrities Solange Knowles, Minnie Driver and Jenny McCarthy.
She says, "Bullying is something I went through when I was 12 years old. I actually ended up leaving school because of it." And Lovato reveals she's still traumatized by the cruel treatment she was subjected to, adding, "I just remember the hard times that I went through that caused problems that I struggle with every day to this day."
"I was bottling it up 100 per cent and one day I was in a bathroom and the lights were out, I couldn't turn them on because you had to have a key in a separate part of the school. I just called my mom and I was crying and I said 'I don't want to go to school any more'. It was a rough time, I was by myself."
But there was a positive outcome to the hard times she suffered - she ended up learning at home with a famous friend: "I actually home schooled with Selena Gomez so she was a good friend to me then and she still is."
More Demi Lovato News
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift