Mel C Urges Fans to Campaign for Another Spice Girls Reunion
Melanie C is calling on fans to petition for the Spice Girls to perform at the Opening Ceremony of London's 2012 Olympic Games. The singer, also known as Mel C, would love to reunite the girl group, including bandmates Melanie Brown, Emma Bunton, Geri Halliwell and Victoria Adams, to kick off the sporting event in the British capital.
And she wants the "Wannabe" hitmakers' loyal fan base to help put the campaign in motion. She says, "Officially we don't know anything yet but I think it's a brilliant idea. It would be wonderful for all five of us to appear and I'm sure all the girls would be up for it. Let's petition for this and make it happen."
Another '90s British band have also reunited this year. Robbie Williams who refused to take part in the first reunion of Take That, finally gave in to the idea and is recording an album with them in addition to touring.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival