Waka Flocka Flame Sued for Concert Absence
Waka Flocka Flame's booking agents have been hit with a lawsuit for over $1 million over allegations the rapper twice raised his fee for a performance before failing to show up. Promoter Walter Conwell of G.D.B. Promotions has filed suit against booking agents at Hitt Afta Hitt Entertainment after the company allegedly wasted thousands of dollars booking Waka Flocka Flame for a show in Birmingham, Alabama in June which he never performed.
In the lawsuit, G.D.B Promotions executives claim they handed over a $1,800 deposit and promised the rapper another $1,500 upon arrival. However, company bosses were later told the star would be unable to perform due to a scheduling conflict.
G.D.B Promotions was then allegedly approached by the rapper's mother, who agreed the star would honor the date if he was paid a new fee of $4,000. An extra fee hike was also added by his road manager, according to court papers.
The star also allegedly refused to commit to the June date, and wanted the concert moved to November. G.D.B. Promotions is now seeking $60,000 in damages and $1,000,000 in punitive damages in addition to legal fees.
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands in NYC Following Split Rumors
- Backstreet Boys Joins Florida Georgia Line at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Plus Other Performances!
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors