James Franco Bans Mother From Reading His Book Debut
Actor-turned-author James Franco has banned his writer mother from reading his literary debut - because the book is full of mischievous tales about his past. The "Spider-Man" star has officially become a published author with this month's release of "Palo Alto Stories", a semi-autobiographical account of his teen years in his California hometown.
He tells People magazine, "In a lot of ways (the book is autobiographic), but the events aren't always based on actual fact. Smoking Gun (website) shouldn't research the book and say, 'James never went through this!' "
But the actor refuses to let his proud mum Betsy Franco give it a good read - although he's unsure how long he can stick to his plan because he's starting to feel guilty. He tells People magazine, "I told my mother she was not allowed to, maybe because she was there when I was a teen... She's begged me to let her read it. I guess I'll have to."
More James Franco News
- Find Out Why Psy Chose Apink's Na Eun for His 'New Face' MV
- Jo Kwon Wants a 2AM Reunion
- Tyga Spotted Wearing Matching Sneakers With Mystery Brunette
- Jennifer Garner's New Pal Chelsea Handler Is Going After Ben Affleck
- 'Game of Thrones' Is Filming Fake Scenes
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom