James Franco Bans Mother From Reading His Book Debut
Actor-turned-author James Franco has banned his writer mother from reading his literary debut - because the book is full of mischievous tales about his past. The "Spider-Man" star has officially become a published author with this month's release of "Palo Alto Stories", a semi-autobiographical account of his teen years in his California hometown.
He tells People magazine, "In a lot of ways (the book is autobiographic), but the events aren't always based on actual fact. Smoking Gun (website) shouldn't research the book and say, 'James never went through this!' "
But the actor refuses to let his proud mum Betsy Franco give it a good read - although he's unsure how long he can stick to his plan because he's starting to feel guilty. He tells People magazine, "I told my mother she was not allowed to, maybe because she was there when I was a teen... She's begged me to let her read it. I guess I'll have to."
More James Franco News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media