James Franco Bans Mother From Reading His Book Debut
Actor-turned-author James Franco has banned his writer mother from reading his literary debut - because the book is full of mischievous tales about his past. The "Spider-Man" star has officially become a published author with this month's release of "Palo Alto Stories", a semi-autobiographical account of his teen years in his California hometown.
He tells People magazine, "In a lot of ways (the book is autobiographic), but the events aren't always based on actual fact. Smoking Gun (website) shouldn't research the book and say, 'James never went through this!' "
But the actor refuses to let his proud mum Betsy Franco give it a good read - although he's unsure how long he can stick to his plan because he's starting to feel guilty. He tells People magazine, "I told my mother she was not allowed to, maybe because she was there when I was a teen... She's begged me to let her read it. I guess I'll have to."
More James Franco News
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?