James Franco Bans Mother From Reading His Book Debut
Actor-turned-author James Franco has banned his writer mother from reading his literary debut - because the book is full of mischievous tales about his past. The "Spider-Man" star has officially become a published author with this month's release of "Palo Alto Stories", a semi-autobiographical account of his teen years in his California hometown.
He tells People magazine, "In a lot of ways (the book is autobiographic), but the events aren't always based on actual fact. Smoking Gun (website) shouldn't research the book and say, 'James never went through this!' "
But the actor refuses to let his proud mum Betsy Franco give it a good read - although he's unsure how long he can stick to his plan because he's starting to feel guilty. He tells People magazine, "I told my mother she was not allowed to, maybe because she was there when I was a teen... She's begged me to let her read it. I guess I'll have to."
More James Franco News
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable