BMX star T.J. Lavin in Critical Condition After Hitting the Ground
MTV host and BMX star T.J. Lavin is in critical condition in a Las Vegas hospital after losing control of his bike and crashing during a competition on Thursday night, October 14. The sportsman, who presents MTV's Real World/Road Rules Challenge, was performing as part of the Dew Tour Championships BMX event in Sin City when his wheels hit a dirt ramp and sent him crashing to the ground.
He was rushed to the nearby University Medical Center and was diagnosed with brain swelling before being placed in a medically-induced coma, reports TMZ.com. ESPN.com claims the 33-year-old professional also suffered a shattered right wrist and broken ribs. He has been listed in critical condition.
MTV has since released a statement to express their sympathy, telling TMZ "Our thoughts are with TJ. He is an important part of MTV's extended family and we're all praying for him."
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video and Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo