BMX star T.J. Lavin in Critical Condition After Hitting the Ground
MTV host and BMX star T.J. Lavin is in critical condition in a Las Vegas hospital after losing control of his bike and crashing during a competition on Thursday night, October 14. The sportsman, who presents MTV's Real World/Road Rules Challenge, was performing as part of the Dew Tour Championships BMX event in Sin City when his wheels hit a dirt ramp and sent him crashing to the ground.
He was rushed to the nearby University Medical Center and was diagnosed with brain swelling before being placed in a medically-induced coma, reports TMZ.com. ESPN.com claims the 33-year-old professional also suffered a shattered right wrist and broken ribs. He has been listed in critical condition.
MTV has since released a statement to express their sympathy, telling TMZ "Our thoughts are with TJ. He is an important part of MTV's extended family and we're all praying for him."
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Tops Box Office, 'Wonder Woman' Sets New Record
- A$AP Rocky Involved in a Fight During Kendrick Lamar's Set at Pre-BET Awards Party
- Netflix Cancels 'Girlboss' After One Season
- BET Awards 2017: Leslie Jones Mocks Amber Rose's 'Bush' Pic, Pokes Fun at Young Rappers' Names
- BET Awards 2017: Jada Pinkett Smith and Cardi B Ditch Bras, Blac Chyna Flashes Butt on Red Carpet
- Lorde Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 Chart With 'Melodrama'
- New 'Marvel's Inhumans' Poster Reveals First Look at Attilan
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Denies Cheating Rumors