BMX star T.J. Lavin in Critical Condition After Hitting the Ground
MTV host and BMX star T.J. Lavin is in critical condition in a Las Vegas hospital after losing control of his bike and crashing during a competition on Thursday night, October 14. The sportsman, who presents MTV's Real World/Road Rules Challenge, was performing as part of the Dew Tour Championships BMX event in Sin City when his wheels hit a dirt ramp and sent him crashing to the ground.
He was rushed to the nearby University Medical Center and was diagnosed with brain swelling before being placed in a medically-induced coma, reports TMZ.com. ESPN.com claims the 33-year-old professional also suffered a shattered right wrist and broken ribs. He has been listed in critical condition.
MTV has since released a statement to express their sympathy, telling TMZ "Our thoughts are with TJ. He is an important part of MTV's extended family and we're all praying for him."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences