BMX star T.J. Lavin in Critical Condition After Hitting the Ground
MTV host and BMX star T.J. Lavin is in critical condition in a Las Vegas hospital after losing control of his bike and crashing during a competition on Thursday night, October 14. The sportsman, who presents MTV's Real World/Road Rules Challenge, was performing as part of the Dew Tour Championships BMX event in Sin City when his wheels hit a dirt ramp and sent him crashing to the ground.
He was rushed to the nearby University Medical Center and was diagnosed with brain swelling before being placed in a medically-induced coma, reports TMZ.com. ESPN.com claims the 33-year-old professional also suffered a shattered right wrist and broken ribs. He has been listed in critical condition.
MTV has since released a statement to express their sympathy, telling TMZ "Our thoughts are with TJ. He is an important part of MTV's extended family and we're all praying for him."
- George Clooney Underwent Vasectomy Reversal for Wife Amal
- Get Details of Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth's Spiritual Summer Nuptials
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Gets Premiere Date
- New Couple Alert? Amber Rose Spotted Partying With Kevin Durant
- Blac Chyna Celebrates 40-Pound Weight Loss by Posing Nude in Bed
- Kristen Stewart In Talks for Fox's Thriller 'Underwater'
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'