BMX star T.J. Lavin in Critical Condition After Hitting the Ground
MTV host and BMX star T.J. Lavin is in critical condition in a Las Vegas hospital after losing control of his bike and crashing during a competition on Thursday night, October 14. The sportsman, who presents MTV's Real World/Road Rules Challenge, was performing as part of the Dew Tour Championships BMX event in Sin City when his wheels hit a dirt ramp and sent him crashing to the ground.
He was rushed to the nearby University Medical Center and was diagnosed with brain swelling before being placed in a medically-induced coma, reports TMZ.com. ESPN.com claims the 33-year-old professional also suffered a shattered right wrist and broken ribs. He has been listed in critical condition.
MTV has since released a statement to express their sympathy, telling TMZ "Our thoughts are with TJ. He is an important part of MTV's extended family and we're all praying for him."
- Too Little, Too Late? Taylor Swift's Support for Women's March Is Met With Backlash
- Get First Look at Benedict Cumberbatch as Thomas Edison in 'Current War'
- Kylie Jenner Shows a Lot of Skin in Barely There Two-Piece
- Is Selena Gomez Begging for Justin Bieber's 'Blessing' to Date The Weeknd After JB Calls Him 'Wack'?
- 'Logan' Is Not Set in the Same 'X-Men' Universe, According to Hugh Jackman
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video