British Actor Simon MacCorkindale Dies of Cancer
British actor Simon MacCorkindale has lost his fight against cancer at the age of 58. The star, known for his role as Dr. Harry Harper on hit U.K. hospital drama "Casualty", passed away at a London clinic on Thursday night, October 14 with his wife, actress Susan George, by his side.
MacCorkindale went public with his cancer battle in 2009, revealing doctors had discovered a tumor in his bowel in 2006. He learned the cancer was terminal after it spread to his lungs in 2007.
The actor began his career in the theater and made his West End debut in a production of Pygmalion. He shot to fame after starring in Agatha Christie murder mystery "Death on the Nile" in 1978, and went on to star in small screen hits "Dynasty" and "Dukes of Hazzard".
However, MacCorkindale will perhaps be best remembered for his appearances in 1980s U.S. series "Manimal and Falcon Crest", as well as the six years he spent on "Casualty".
Paying tribute to her husband, actress George says, "No-one could have fought this disease any harder than he did since being diagnosed four years ago. He fought it with such strength, courage and belief. Last night, he lost this battle, and he died peacefully in my arms."
She adds, "To me, he was simply the best of everything, and I loved him with all my heart. He will live on in me forever."
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic