British Actor Simon MacCorkindale Dies of Cancer
British actor Simon MacCorkindale has lost his fight against cancer at the age of 58. The star, known for his role as Dr. Harry Harper on hit U.K. hospital drama "Casualty", passed away at a London clinic on Thursday night, October 14 with his wife, actress Susan George, by his side.
MacCorkindale went public with his cancer battle in 2009, revealing doctors had discovered a tumor in his bowel in 2006. He learned the cancer was terminal after it spread to his lungs in 2007.
The actor began his career in the theater and made his West End debut in a production of Pygmalion. He shot to fame after starring in Agatha Christie murder mystery "Death on the Nile" in 1978, and went on to star in small screen hits "Dynasty" and "Dukes of Hazzard".
However, MacCorkindale will perhaps be best remembered for his appearances in 1980s U.S. series "Manimal and Falcon Crest", as well as the six years he spent on "Casualty".
Paying tribute to her husband, actress George says, "No-one could have fought this disease any harder than he did since being diagnosed four years ago. He fought it with such strength, courage and belief. Last night, he lost this battle, and he died peacefully in my arms."
She adds, "To me, he was simply the best of everything, and I loved him with all my heart. He will live on in me forever."
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death
- Casey Affleck Is a White-Sheeted Ghost in 'A Ghost Story' First Trailer