Oksana Grigorieva's Lawyer Calls Mel Gibson 'Deadbeat Dad'
A lawyer for Mel Gibson's ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva has branded the troubled actor a "deadbeat dad", accusing him of falling behind on child support payments. The "Braveheart" star is locked in a bitter custody battle with Russian singer Grigorieva over the care of their baby daughter Lucia, following their split earlier this year.
Grigorieva headed to a Los Angeles court on Friday, October 15, when her lawyer Lisa Bloom requested a judge order Gibson to hand over $250,000 to cover his ex's legal fees. Reports suggest the actor is querying the amount and the judge set a hearing for November 10 to discuss the cost.
But that's not Gibson's only financial problem - according to Bloom, the Hollywood star owes Grigorieva child support money too. The singer won an increase in payments for little Lucia in August, after a judge demanded Gibson boost the $5,000 monthly installments to $20,000 to cover the baby's expenses. But, after the court appearance on Friday, Bloom told TMZ.com Gibson was a "deadbeat dad" for failing to stay on top of his commitments.
More Mel Gibson News
- Kristen Stewart Uncharacteristically Cheerful During Outing With Stella Maxwell
- Halsey Unveils 'Hopeless Fountain Kingdom' Track List
- Kylie Jenner Hits Back at Critics Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Sexy Selfie
- Robert Downey Jr.'s 'Doctor Dolittle' Moves Up Release Date to Avoid 'Star Wars: Episode IX'
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Adds 'Battlestar Galactica', 'Jericho' Stars and More
- DMX Enters Rehab After Canceling Three Shows
- Katy Perry's Reportedly Jealous Seeing Orlando Bloom Moving On So Fast With Nina Dobrev
- 'Big Bang Theory' Stars Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch Reach New Deals After Salary Raises