Oksana Grigorieva's Lawyer Calls Mel Gibson 'Deadbeat Dad'
A lawyer for Mel Gibson's ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva has branded the troubled actor a "deadbeat dad", accusing him of falling behind on child support payments. The "Braveheart" star is locked in a bitter custody battle with Russian singer Grigorieva over the care of their baby daughter Lucia, following their split earlier this year.
Grigorieva headed to a Los Angeles court on Friday, October 15, when her lawyer Lisa Bloom requested a judge order Gibson to hand over $250,000 to cover his ex's legal fees. Reports suggest the actor is querying the amount and the judge set a hearing for November 10 to discuss the cost.
But that's not Gibson's only financial problem - according to Bloom, the Hollywood star owes Grigorieva child support money too. The singer won an increase in payments for little Lucia in August, after a judge demanded Gibson boost the $5,000 monthly installments to $20,000 to cover the baby's expenses. But, after the court appearance on Friday, Bloom told TMZ.com Gibson was a "deadbeat dad" for failing to stay on top of his commitments.
- Beyonce Is Performing at the 2016 MTV VMAs, MTV Confirms
- Britney Spears Reveals Her Desire to Collaborate With Ex Justin Timberlake
- Mariah Carey's Estranged Sister Busted for Prostitution
- Video: Jennifer Lopez Reunites With Ex Marc Anthony on Stage After Casper Smart Split
- Adam Levine Dresses Up as Pokemon-Like Monster for Maroon 5 Music Video Shoot
- Watch: Thor Hilariously Explains Why He Is Absent From 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Do These Pictures Show Justin Bieber Having Sex With Sofia Richie?
- Rihanna to Open 2016 MTV Video Music Awards