Oksana Grigorieva's Lawyer Calls Mel Gibson 'Deadbeat Dad'
A lawyer for Mel Gibson's ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva has branded the troubled actor a "deadbeat dad", accusing him of falling behind on child support payments. The "Braveheart" star is locked in a bitter custody battle with Russian singer Grigorieva over the care of their baby daughter Lucia, following their split earlier this year.
Grigorieva headed to a Los Angeles court on Friday, October 15, when her lawyer Lisa Bloom requested a judge order Gibson to hand over $250,000 to cover his ex's legal fees. Reports suggest the actor is querying the amount and the judge set a hearing for November 10 to discuss the cost.
But that's not Gibson's only financial problem - according to Bloom, the Hollywood star owes Grigorieva child support money too. The singer won an increase in payments for little Lucia in August, after a judge demanded Gibson boost the $5,000 monthly installments to $20,000 to cover the baby's expenses. But, after the court appearance on Friday, Bloom told TMZ.com Gibson was a "deadbeat dad" for failing to stay on top of his commitments.
More Mel Gibson News
- Jamie Foxx's Wild Night Out: Boozing and Grinding With Mystery Women
- Listen to Jamie Lynn Spears' Comeback Single 'Sleepover'
- Chloe Moretz: 'I Wanted a Boob Job and Butt Reduction' at Age 16
- Bradley Cooper and Irina Shayk Talk About Building a Future and Having Kids Together
- Check Out These New 'Fast 8' Ice Cars From Iceland Set
- Kelly Clarkson Signs With Atlantic Records, Readies Soul Album for Next Year
- Jesse Is Back on 'The Flash' in Season 3. Will She Turn Into Speedster?
- Justin Bieber Sprains His Ankle After Basketball Game, Tells Fans Not to Worry