Oksana Grigorieva's Lawyer Calls Mel Gibson 'Deadbeat Dad'
A lawyer for Mel Gibson's ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva has branded the troubled actor a "deadbeat dad", accusing him of falling behind on child support payments. The "Braveheart" star is locked in a bitter custody battle with Russian singer Grigorieva over the care of their baby daughter Lucia, following their split earlier this year.
Grigorieva headed to a Los Angeles court on Friday, October 15, when her lawyer Lisa Bloom requested a judge order Gibson to hand over $250,000 to cover his ex's legal fees. Reports suggest the actor is querying the amount and the judge set a hearing for November 10 to discuss the cost.
But that's not Gibson's only financial problem - according to Bloom, the Hollywood star owes Grigorieva child support money too. The singer won an increase in payments for little Lucia in August, after a judge demanded Gibson boost the $5,000 monthly installments to $20,000 to cover the baby's expenses. But, after the court appearance on Friday, Bloom told TMZ.com Gibson was a "deadbeat dad" for failing to stay on top of his commitments.
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video and Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet