Arcade Fire's Frontman to Give Lecture to University Students
Arcade Fire frontman William Butler is heading back to university to give a lecture to students. The rocker will appear at Northwestern University in Chicago, Illinois on November 2 to give a talk about how he has merged his musical career with social activism, according to student website NorthByNorthwestern.com.
Butler, who majored in poetry and creative writing, and his bandmates have raised $1 million to help earthquake-ravaged Haiti. Asha Toulmin, a student fellow with the university's Center for Civic Engagement, says, "He's a really unique and interesting individual because he's taken a field like music that a lot of people don't necessarily associate with social activism..."
More Arcade Fire News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie