Arcade Fire's Frontman to Give Lecture to University Students
Arcade Fire frontman William Butler is heading back to university to give a lecture to students. The rocker will appear at Northwestern University in Chicago, Illinois on November 2 to give a talk about how he has merged his musical career with social activism, according to student website NorthByNorthwestern.com.
Butler, who majored in poetry and creative writing, and his bandmates have raised $1 million to help earthquake-ravaged Haiti. Asha Toulmin, a student fellow with the university's Center for Civic Engagement, says, "He's a really unique and interesting individual because he's taken a field like music that a lot of people don't necessarily associate with social activism..."
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7: Major Spoiler About Daenerys Leaked