Arcade Fire's Frontman to Give Lecture to University Students
Arcade Fire frontman William Butler is heading back to university to give a lecture to students. The rocker will appear at Northwestern University in Chicago, Illinois on November 2 to give a talk about how he has merged his musical career with social activism, according to student website NorthByNorthwestern.com.
Butler, who majored in poetry and creative writing, and his bandmates have raised $1 million to help earthquake-ravaged Haiti. Asha Toulmin, a student fellow with the university's Center for Civic Engagement, says, "He's a really unique and interesting individual because he's taken a field like music that a lot of people don't necessarily associate with social activism..."
- 'Jumanji' Is an Old School Video Game in Its First Trailer
- 'Jealous' Kim Kardashian Demands Hefty Pay Raise for 'KUWTK'
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert