Arcade Fire's Frontman to Give Lecture to University Students
Arcade Fire frontman William Butler is heading back to university to give a lecture to students. The rocker will appear at Northwestern University in Chicago, Illinois on November 2 to give a talk about how he has merged his musical career with social activism, according to student website NorthByNorthwestern.com.
Butler, who majored in poetry and creative writing, and his bandmates have raised $1 million to help earthquake-ravaged Haiti. Asha Toulmin, a student fellow with the university's Center for Civic Engagement, says, "He's a really unique and interesting individual because he's taken a field like music that a lot of people don't necessarily associate with social activism..."
More Arcade Fire News
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'