Angelina Jolie Gets Defensive Over Her Bosnian Movie Following Protest
Angelina Jolie has defended her controversial movie project after she was banned from filming in Bosnia - urging critics to "hold judgment until they have seen" the picture. The Oscar-winning actress has stepped behind the camera for the first time to make her directorial debut with the currently-untitled film, which is set in the Eastern European state.
However, confusion over the plot has led to the Bosnian government revoking the actress' production permit. Campaign groups in the country expressed their anger over rumors the film will tell the story of a Bosnian woman who falls in love in with her Serbian rapist in the middle of the Bosnian war.
The producers behind this Untitled Angelina Jolie Project have insisted the reports are wrong and have handed over a copy of the script in a bid to have their permit reinstated. The actress has now spoken out about the furore, refusing to reveal details of the plot but insisting the "sensitive" storyline will be handled appropriately.
She says, "(They should) hold judgment until they have seen the film. Obviously any dramatic interpretation will always fail those who have had a real experience. This is not a documentary. There are many twists in the plot that address the sensitive nature of the relationship between the main characters and that will be revealed once the film is released."
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri