Lady GaGa Dedicated 'Speechless' to Late Grandfather
Lady GaGa paid a special tribute to her beloved grandfather, who died last month, during a concert in Finland on Wednesday, October 13. The "Poker Face" hitmaker was devastated when Joseph 'Giuseppe' Germanotta passed away at the age of 88, just two days after she visited him at his New Jersey nursing home.
GaGa halted her gig in Helsinki on Wednesday to honor her grandfather, dedicating her ballad "Speechless" to him. She told the crowd, "My dad made me promise that tonight I would dedicate this song to my sweet, sweet grandpa who is in heaven."
"My grandpa was a real p**ser, I'll tell you. He was something else. He liked things to be exactly how he wanted them... This is for my good, sweet grandpa and to any loved ones you may have lost. This song's called 'Speechless'."
More Lady GaGa News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story