Carey Mulligan to Ink Herself With Seagull
British actress Carey Mulligan wants a tattoo of a seagull on her right wrist - to remind her of the Broadway play she starred in three years ago. The "An Education" star played Nina in Ian Rickson's New York production of Anton Chekhov's "The Seagull" in 2007 - and she wants a permanent reminder of her time on stage.
Mulligan has asked her friend, illustrator Zoe More O'Ferrall, to create the ink design for her. But the actress was too embarrassed to go under the needle in London's trendy Soho district and has opted to book an appointment at a parlor in upmarket department store Selfridges instead.
She tells Britain's Daily Mail, "I'm so middle class! I couldn't walk in - there were all these cool-looking people. I'm doing the ultimate pretentious actor thing. But I'm never going to tattoo any of my other jobs onto myself. I'm the least tattoo person in the world."
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'
- No Worry! Justin Bieber Strips Off His Shirt Showing Off New Inks and Toned Abs in Brazil
- Are Kylie Jenner and Tyga Breaking Up Again? Rapper Moves to New Bachelor Pad
- New 'Valerian' Trailer Offers a Better Look at the City of a Thousand Planets
- Jennifer Aniston Leans on Brad Pitt Amid Justin Theroux Split Rumors
- Details of Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez's Romantic Wedding and Baby Plans Revealed
- Mike WiLL Made It Releases Dramatic Music Video for 'On the Come Up' Feat. Big Sean