T.I. Apologizes to Fans, Promising No More Arrests
Rap superstar T.I. has vowed to turn his life around and leave his troubled ways behind him for good to win back the trust of the friends, colleagues and fans he let down with his drug arrest last month. The hip-hop hitmaker, real name Clifford Harris, Jr., is facing between eight and 14 months behind bars if an Atlanta, Georgia judge decides to revoke his probation after he was booked for felony possession of a controlled substance in September.
T.I. was already on probation for gun charges stemming from 2007 and he completed a prison sentence for those counts last December 2009. He will appear before a judge on Friday, October 15 but T.I. insists he will not be returning to court once the drug charge is cleared up - because he's too "tired" and too old to continue running from his responsibilities.
And he's apologized to everyone who has been affected by his illegal activities. He tells CNN, "All people who have supported me, who were behind me, who believed in me, who were let down, I offer my sincerest apologies and I will dedicate my life, no matter how long it takes, to earn your trust back yet again."
"Never again (will he engage in illegal activity). Ever. I'm tired. I don't have the age, the energy or the attitude to continue in this cycle in this ongoing process of destruction and disparity in my life. I got too many people depending on me."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce