Robert Redford Receives Legion of Honor From French President
French President Nicolas Sarkozy paid tribute to Robert Redford on Thursday, October 14 when he presented the movie icon with the nation's highest cultural honor. The "Indecent Proposal" star was bestowed with the prestigious Legion of Honor title in Paris for his movie achievements and his work to protect the environment.
Redford was made a knight as Sarkozy handed him a red-ribboned medal at the small ceremony, telling him, "I know 65 million French people who would like to be in my shoes right now... You are the incarnation of the United States and all that that country represents. Those who love cinema long remember... (your) films, which we watch and re-watch with the same emotion each time."
The actor spoke of his delight at the title, saying, "I will continue with my commitment to make cinema that opens people's spirits and goes beyond borders, and this prize will help me do that."
- Ja Rule Apologizes for Disastrous Fyre Festival, Insists 'It Was Not a Scam'
- 'Roseanne' Revival in the Works With Original Main Cast
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted on Date With 'Baywatch' Star Kelly Rohrbach After Olivia Munn Split
- Gwen Stefani Hospitalized Due to Ruptured Ear Drum
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner