Robert Redford Receives Legion of Honor From French President
French President Nicolas Sarkozy paid tribute to Robert Redford on Thursday, October 14 when he presented the movie icon with the nation's highest cultural honor. The "Indecent Proposal" star was bestowed with the prestigious Legion of Honor title in Paris for his movie achievements and his work to protect the environment.
Redford was made a knight as Sarkozy handed him a red-ribboned medal at the small ceremony, telling him, "I know 65 million French people who would like to be in my shoes right now... You are the incarnation of the United States and all that that country represents. Those who love cinema long remember... (your) films, which we watch and re-watch with the same emotion each time."
The actor spoke of his delight at the title, saying, "I will continue with my commitment to make cinema that opens people's spirits and goes beyond borders, and this prize will help me do that."
- Bella Hadid Flashes Nipples and Panties in New Seductive Pic for Love Magazine
- 'Veep': Selina Will Spread Democracy Like 'Patient Zero' in First Teaser for Season 6
- Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic Slammed by Fans for Blatant Inaccuracies
- Sofia Richie Flashes Nipples in Boob-Baring Outfit at London Fashion Week
- Chelsea Clinton Trolls President Trump on Twitter for His Baffling Sweden Comment
- 'Atlanta', 'Moonlight' and 'The Americans' Among Winners of 2017 Writers Guild Awards
- Artist of the Week: Chance The Rapper
- Lisa Rinna Cheers Playboy for Bringing Back Nudity by Posting Nude Selfie