Robert Redford Receives Legion of Honor From French President
French President Nicolas Sarkozy paid tribute to Robert Redford on Thursday, October 14 when he presented the movie icon with the nation's highest cultural honor. The "Indecent Proposal" star was bestowed with the prestigious Legion of Honor title in Paris for his movie achievements and his work to protect the environment.
Redford was made a knight as Sarkozy handed him a red-ribboned medal at the small ceremony, telling him, "I know 65 million French people who would like to be in my shoes right now... You are the incarnation of the United States and all that that country represents. Those who love cinema long remember... (your) films, which we watch and re-watch with the same emotion each time."
The actor spoke of his delight at the title, saying, "I will continue with my commitment to make cinema that opens people's spirits and goes beyond borders, and this prize will help me do that."
More Robert Redford News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics