Robert Redford Receives Legion of Honor From French President
French President Nicolas Sarkozy paid tribute to Robert Redford on Thursday, October 14 when he presented the movie icon with the nation's highest cultural honor. The "Indecent Proposal" star was bestowed with the prestigious Legion of Honor title in Paris for his movie achievements and his work to protect the environment.
Redford was made a knight as Sarkozy handed him a red-ribboned medal at the small ceremony, telling him, "I know 65 million French people who would like to be in my shoes right now... You are the incarnation of the United States and all that that country represents. Those who love cinema long remember... (your) films, which we watch and re-watch with the same emotion each time."
The actor spoke of his delight at the title, saying, "I will continue with my commitment to make cinema that opens people's spirits and goes beyond borders, and this prize will help me do that."
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Reportedly Plans to Confront Tyga After Kylie Jenner Reunion