Robert Redford Receives Legion of Honor From French President
French President Nicolas Sarkozy paid tribute to Robert Redford on Thursday, October 14 when he presented the movie icon with the nation's highest cultural honor. The "Indecent Proposal" star was bestowed with the prestigious Legion of Honor title in Paris for his movie achievements and his work to protect the environment.
Redford was made a knight as Sarkozy handed him a red-ribboned medal at the small ceremony, telling him, "I know 65 million French people who would like to be in my shoes right now... You are the incarnation of the United States and all that that country represents. Those who love cinema long remember... (your) films, which we watch and re-watch with the same emotion each time."
The actor spoke of his delight at the title, saying, "I will continue with my commitment to make cinema that opens people's spirits and goes beyond borders, and this prize will help me do that."
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch
- Jeff Bridges Joins 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Demi Lovato Mourning Her Great-Grandma's Death. Read Her Touching Tribute
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Party in Las Vegas, Talk About Wedding Plans
- Stephen Amell and Will Arnett Joke About Making an 'Arrow' Feature Film
- Liam Hemsworth Admits His 2013 Split From Miley Cyrus 'Was Hard'
- Madonna Throws Shade at BET for Diss Over Her BBMA Tribute to Prince