Steven Spielberg to Compete His Own Movie in Christmas 2011
Steven Spielberg will be playing Santa Claus at the U.S. box office next Christmas - he's releasing two movies on the same day over the festive season. World War I drama "War Horse" and "The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn" - both directed by Spielberg - will hit movie theaters in the U.S. on December 28, 2011 and battle it out for big buck at the box office over the holiday season.
"War Horse", starring David Thewlis and Emily Watson, was scheduled for release next summer, August 2011 but studio bosses at Dreamworks have pushed it back after screening footage in London last week.
Dreamworks CEO Stacey Snider tells Daily Variety, "The reaction to the footage - which (Spielberg) never usually shows - was that it feels like a big, holiday movie." And she insists the director isn't worried about competing with his own movie, adding "He (Spielberg) feels great about it."
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set