Steven Spielberg to Compete His Own Movie in Christmas 2011
Steven Spielberg will be playing Santa Claus at the U.S. box office next Christmas - he's releasing two movies on the same day over the festive season. World War I drama "War Horse" and "The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn" - both directed by Spielberg - will hit movie theaters in the U.S. on December 28, 2011 and battle it out for big buck at the box office over the holiday season.
"War Horse", starring David Thewlis and Emily Watson, was scheduled for release next summer, August 2011 but studio bosses at Dreamworks have pushed it back after screening footage in London last week.
Dreamworks CEO Stacey Snider tells Daily Variety, "The reaction to the footage - which (Spielberg) never usually shows - was that it feels like a big, holiday movie." And she insists the director isn't worried about competing with his own movie, adding "He (Spielberg) feels great about it."
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March