Steven Spielberg to Compete His Own Movie in Christmas 2011
Steven Spielberg will be playing Santa Claus at the U.S. box office next Christmas - he's releasing two movies on the same day over the festive season. World War I drama "War Horse" and "The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn" - both directed by Spielberg - will hit movie theaters in the U.S. on December 28, 2011 and battle it out for big buck at the box office over the holiday season.
"War Horse", starring David Thewlis and Emily Watson, was scheduled for release next summer, August 2011 but studio bosses at Dreamworks have pushed it back after screening footage in London last week.
Dreamworks CEO Stacey Snider tells Daily Variety, "The reaction to the footage - which (Spielberg) never usually shows - was that it feels like a big, holiday movie." And she insists the director isn't worried about competing with his own movie, adding "He (Spielberg) feels great about it."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival