T.I. Promises to Stay In Touch With Suicidal Man
Rap superstar T.I. has promised to stay in touch with the suicidal young man he managed to talk out of jumping off a highrise building in Atlanta, Georgia on Wednesday, October 13 in a bid to help with his recovery. The "Live Your Life" hitmaker, real name Clifford Harris, Jr., was running errands in his native city when he heard about the stand-off between cops and the desperate 22 year old on the radio.
He admits the news tugged at his heartstrings and he drove to the site of the 22-story building to see if he could help. T.I. tells TMZ.com, "It summoned my heart, my spirit. I said to myself... 'I gotta help'."
But it took a video recording of the rapper at the site of the incident to convince the troubled man to step away from the ledge and not leap to his death. The star explains, "To assure him that it was really me, they (the police) recorded a video message on the cop's cell phone and took it up to him... Fifteen minutes later the guy came down peacefully."
And T.I. insists he has "every intention" of keeping in contact with the young male, who was hospitalized after the suicide bid, so he can "get better".
More T.I. News
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny