Robert Lindsay Didn't Expect Good Review for 'Onassis'
British actor Robert Lindsay is relieved to see the positive audience reactions to his play "Onassis", because he never expected "great reviews" for the production. Lindsay is currently on stage playing Greek tycoon Aristotle Onassis in London's famed West End theater district.
The drama has been panned by critics but the actor is unfazed - crowds have been responding positively to his performance and he's thrilled. Lindsay tells British talk show "This Morning", "They (positive reviews) are coming in now. The thing about the shows in the West End is that the word of mouth, thank God, is still very strong. And we've had fantastic reactions."
"You know, we were never expecting great reviews for this play because it's a very political play. It takes on big controversial issues and people in the press sometimes go 'Hang on' a bit. But it's a play of warmth and love and it's reaching a modern audience. It's getting standing ovations every night - what more can you ask for?"
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'