Robert Lindsay Didn't Expect Good Review for 'Onassis'
British actor Robert Lindsay is relieved to see the positive audience reactions to his play "Onassis", because he never expected "great reviews" for the production. Lindsay is currently on stage playing Greek tycoon Aristotle Onassis in London's famed West End theater district.
The drama has been panned by critics but the actor is unfazed - crowds have been responding positively to his performance and he's thrilled. Lindsay tells British talk show "This Morning", "They (positive reviews) are coming in now. The thing about the shows in the West End is that the word of mouth, thank God, is still very strong. And we've had fantastic reactions."
"You know, we were never expecting great reviews for this play because it's a very political play. It takes on big controversial issues and people in the press sometimes go 'Hang on' a bit. But it's a play of warmth and love and it's reaching a modern audience. It's getting standing ovations every night - what more can you ask for?"
- Lady GaGa Hits Recording Studio With BloodPop, Mark Ronson and Kevin Parker
- Derek Hough Confirms He's Back on 'Dancing with the Stars', Cheryl Burke Also Returns
- Ruby Rose Splits From Girlfriend Harley Gusman
- Ariana Grande Kisses Mac Miller and Sits on His Lap at VMAs After-Party
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs