Robert Lindsay Didn't Expect Good Review for 'Onassis'
British actor Robert Lindsay is relieved to see the positive audience reactions to his play "Onassis", because he never expected "great reviews" for the production. Lindsay is currently on stage playing Greek tycoon Aristotle Onassis in London's famed West End theater district.
The drama has been panned by critics but the actor is unfazed - crowds have been responding positively to his performance and he's thrilled. Lindsay tells British talk show "This Morning", "They (positive reviews) are coming in now. The thing about the shows in the West End is that the word of mouth, thank God, is still very strong. And we've had fantastic reactions."
"You know, we were never expecting great reviews for this play because it's a very political play. It takes on big controversial issues and people in the press sometimes go 'Hang on' a bit. But it's a play of warmth and love and it's reaching a modern audience. It's getting standing ovations every night - what more can you ask for?"
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video