Robert Lindsay Didn't Expect Good Review for 'Onassis'
British actor Robert Lindsay is relieved to see the positive audience reactions to his play "Onassis", because he never expected "great reviews" for the production. Lindsay is currently on stage playing Greek tycoon Aristotle Onassis in London's famed West End theater district.
The drama has been panned by critics but the actor is unfazed - crowds have been responding positively to his performance and he's thrilled. Lindsay tells British talk show "This Morning", "They (positive reviews) are coming in now. The thing about the shows in the West End is that the word of mouth, thank God, is still very strong. And we've had fantastic reactions."
"You know, we were never expecting great reviews for this play because it's a very political play. It takes on big controversial issues and people in the press sometimes go 'Hang on' a bit. But it's a play of warmth and love and it's reaching a modern audience. It's getting standing ovations every night - what more can you ask for?"
- DeMario Jackson Not Returning to 'Bachelor in Paradise' After Scandal. What About Corinne Olympios?
- Johnny Depp Jokes About Assassinating Donald Trump: 'Maybe It's Time'
- Khloe Kardashian Sizzling in Completely Sheer Bodysuit. Tempting Tristan Thompson?
- Chance the Rapper Apologizes to Dr. Dre for Degrading His Label
- Brad Pitt Wishes to Reconcile With Angelina Jolie Despite Messy Split
- Chris Brown Reveals He Tried to Have a Baby With Karrueche Tran
- 'Aquaman' Officially Casts Michael Beach in Potentially Significant Role
- FOX Sets Fall Premiere Dates for 'The Orville', 'Empire' and More