Robert Lindsay Didn't Expect Good Review for 'Onassis'
British actor Robert Lindsay is relieved to see the positive audience reactions to his play "Onassis", because he never expected "great reviews" for the production. Lindsay is currently on stage playing Greek tycoon Aristotle Onassis in London's famed West End theater district.
The drama has been panned by critics but the actor is unfazed - crowds have been responding positively to his performance and he's thrilled. Lindsay tells British talk show "This Morning", "They (positive reviews) are coming in now. The thing about the shows in the West End is that the word of mouth, thank God, is still very strong. And we've had fantastic reactions."
"You know, we were never expecting great reviews for this play because it's a very political play. It takes on big controversial issues and people in the press sometimes go 'Hang on' a bit. But it's a play of warmth and love and it's reaching a modern audience. It's getting standing ovations every night - what more can you ask for?"
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show