Harrison Ford Dishing Out on New Marriage With Calista Flockhart
Veteran Hollywood star Harrison Ford has spoken out for the first time about his summer nuptials to Calista Flockhart, insisting he's "very happy" as a newlywed. The celebrity couple, which became engaged on Valentine's Day in 2009, was married by New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson at his mansion in Santa Fe in June, with only Flockhart's adopted son Liam and the politician's wife in attendance.
Ford revealed all about the big day during an appearance on U.S. TV's "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" on Wednesday, October 13, when he admitted the low-key ceremony was just what the pair wanted - and he's delighted to have made their eight-year relationship official. He said, "I did (get married). I'm delighted, we're very happy. I should speak for myself: I'm happy!"
"There were three people (at the wedding): Calista, she had to be! Liam, and myself. We were married by Governor Richardson in New Mexico, who was very sweet, and it was he (sic) and his wife basically. That was pretty much it. Not a big wedding. It was really nice to just have a quiet (ceremony)..."
The stars decided against celebrating their union with a luxurious honeymoon as Ford was in the middle of shooting "Cowboys and Aliens", and instead spent their wedding night watching a basketball game. Ford laughed, "We got back in time for the (Los Angeles) Lakers game! We had a 10 year (sic) honeymoon before the wedding. We lived together for years."
And when quizzed by presenter Jay Leno about not having sex before marriage, the aging "Indiana Jones" star joked, "Yeah, I kept myself pure!" It was Ford's third marriage - he has two sons with his first wife Mary Marquardt, and two children with his second spouse, screenwriter Melissa Mathison.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby