Rep: Celine Dion Not Arranging Babies' Birth on Specific Date
Celine Dion's representative has dismissed reports the pregnant singer is planning to deliver her twins early by Caesarean section - insisting the star would "never intentionally endanger her unborn children". The "My Heart Will Go On" hitmaker is expecting twin boys with her partner Rene Angelil after a long struggle to conceive using in-vitro fertilization (IVF) treatments.
Reports have surfaced online suggesting Dion has picked a date for the birth and will deliver the babies on October 22 - weeks ahead of her due date next month. Angelil is adamant the stories are not true, telling People.com, "There is nothing scheduled. We do not have a date."
Meanwhile, a rep for the singer insists such an early birth would not be in the babies' best interests: "They (the doctors) want Celine's pregnancy to go as long as possible, at least until the first week of November. She would never intentionally endanger her unborn children by scheduling a birth early like this..."
"Celine and her doctors are hopeful that she can continue her pregnancy as long as possible, and hope to get her to at least 37 weeks gestation to ensure the healthiest outcome for her children." The spokesperson has also denied rumors Dion has infuriated hospital staff by handing them a long list of demands prior to the birth, adding, "It's all false."
More Celine Dion News
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth
- Andy Samberg Really Is a 'Weirdo' on New Freestyle From 'Popstar'
- Ben Affleck Spotted Wearing Eyeliner During Outing With Jennifer Garner and Kids
- 'Run's House' Star Angela Simmons Expecting First Child. See Her Baby Bump