Lil Wayne Writes Emotional Letter From Solitary Confinement
Lil Wayne has written an emotional open letter from his isolation cell in prison, apologizing to his family for the mistake which led to his . The rapper is currently serving out an eight-month sentence on illegal weapons charges at New York's Rikers Island detention center.
He was recently caught using banned music equipment in his cell and as punishment, he was banished to solitary confinement for a month. Wayne will spend 23 hours a day in isolation, his privileges have been cut and he is now only to telephone his family once a week.
The "Lollipop" hitmaker is still allowed to read his fan mail and admits the supportive messages from his followers are helping him through the difficult time. In the letter, which was posted on his website, he writes, "I'm guessing that you all have heard about my recent relocation to the bing (solitary confinement), which is punitive segregation. Basically, no TV, no radio, no snacks/junk food, and one phone call a week. This punishment has been handed to me for my earlier MP3 incident."
"I admit, I f**ked up and now I must deal with the consequences. As I write this, I only have 25 days left, and it'll be even less than that when you read this. So honestly, I'm fine. Obviously, this gives me a lot of time to myself and a lot of alone time with my thoughts... I do miss being able to hear from my family everyday but once a week will have to suffice. To them, I apologize. I'm still able to receive mail so reading and responding is still a huge part of my day."
Wayne admits he shouldn't having been using the MP3 player in his cell, but struggled to resist the lure of music. He adds, "At the end of the day, I did it all for music!" Wayne is due for release next month.
More Lil Wayne News
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Wants to Adopt Baby With British Boyfriend
- Back at It! Natalie Portman Returns to Work After Giving Birth to Daughter Amalia
- Cara Delevingne Sports Bald Head on 'Life in a Year' Filming Set
- Elton John Cancels Entire Las Vegas Shows Due to 'Unusual Bacterial Infection'
- Finding 'Comfort,' Brad Pitt Plans to Buy New Place in L.A. Arts District After Angelina Jolie Split
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Jesse Williams and Wife Split After Nearly 5 Years of Marriage
- Hollywood Writers Authorize a Strike. Will It Repeat the 2007 WGA Strike?
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner