Mutya Buena, From Singer to Child Psychologist
Former Sugababes star Mutya Buena is turning her back on music to become a child psychologist - because she's fed up with fame. The British singer quit the group in 2005 and applied for legal ownership of the band's name when the last original member, Keisha Buchanan, left the line-up last year.
But now Buena has given up her Sugababes battle - and she's decided to concentrate on helping children instead. She tells Britain's Daily Star, "I took up a course in child psychology because it was an interest of mine. I can't be bothered to argue about the Sugababes, it's so silly. I'm in two minds about music in general. I love doing it but I'm not sure if I want to carry on."
And after seeing her pal George Michael recently imprisoned for driving under the influence of drugs, she admits her view of fame has changed. She adds, "Bless George. He is having a hard time. He only gets caught for these things because he gets followed constantly. I'm enjoying being out of the spotlight, not having people follow me on motorbikes."
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding