Mutya Buena, From Singer to Child Psychologist
Former Sugababes star Mutya Buena is turning her back on music to become a child psychologist - because she's fed up with fame. The British singer quit the group in 2005 and applied for legal ownership of the band's name when the last original member, Keisha Buchanan, left the line-up last year.
But now Buena has given up her Sugababes battle - and she's decided to concentrate on helping children instead. She tells Britain's Daily Star, "I took up a course in child psychology because it was an interest of mine. I can't be bothered to argue about the Sugababes, it's so silly. I'm in two minds about music in general. I love doing it but I'm not sure if I want to carry on."
And after seeing her pal George Michael recently imprisoned for driving under the influence of drugs, she admits her view of fame has changed. She adds, "Bless George. He is having a hard time. He only gets caught for these things because he gets followed constantly. I'm enjoying being out of the spotlight, not having people follow me on motorbikes."
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Seen for the First Time Since Military Enlistment - See the Pic
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Her Bum in Thong Bikini - See the Racy Pic
- Lily Collins Shares Cute Throwback Pic and Fans Just Can't Handle It
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 12 First Look: Tyra Banks Makes Debut as New Host
- PSY Proves He Hasn't Changed at All as He Shares Funny Childhood Photo
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Ample Cleavage as She Cuddles Up to Bryan Tanaka
- Paris Hilton Gushes Over Romance With Chris Zylka: 'I'm in a Serious Relationship'
- 'The Emoji Movie' Defeats 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in Social Media Buzz