Coldplay Win Top Honor at ASCAP Awards
Coldplay's songwriting skills landed them the top honors at the 30th annual ASCAP Awards in London on Wednesday, October 13. Bandmates Chris Martin, Will Champion, Jonny Buckland and Guy Berryman were named the Songwriters of the Year at the ceremony, while their "Viva La Vida" hit won them the Song of the Year award.
Other big winners included Taio Cruz, who picked up the ASCAP Vanguard Award for his record "Departure", and chart-topping Brits Scouting for Girls won the ASCAP College Award for "Everybody Wants to Be on TV".
Another 20 song awards were also handed out during the event to honor songwriters - Sir Paul McCartney's "Come Together", U2's "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" and Phil Collins' track "In the Air Tonight" were among the tracks recognized.
More Coldplay News
- Corey Gamble Reportedly Cheats on Kris Jenner With Kourtney Kardashian - Is It True?
- She's Scarily Skinny! Janice Dickinson Looks Thinner Amid Health Crisis
- Drake Blocks Ariana Grande and Blake Shelton From Billboard 200's No. 1
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch
- Jeff Bridges Joins 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Demi Lovato Mourning Her Great-Grandma's Death. Read Her Touching Tribute
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Party in Las Vegas, Talk About Wedding Plans