Coldplay Win Top Honor at ASCAP Awards
Coldplay's songwriting skills landed them the top honors at the 30th annual ASCAP Awards in London on Wednesday, October 13. Bandmates Chris Martin, Will Champion, Jonny Buckland and Guy Berryman were named the Songwriters of the Year at the ceremony, while their "Viva La Vida" hit won them the Song of the Year award.
Other big winners included Taio Cruz, who picked up the ASCAP Vanguard Award for his record "Departure", and chart-topping Brits Scouting for Girls won the ASCAP College Award for "Everybody Wants to Be on TV".
Another 20 song awards were also handed out during the event to honor songwriters - Sir Paul McCartney's "Come Together", U2's "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" and Phil Collins' track "In the Air Tonight" were among the tracks recognized.
More Coldplay News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show