Coldplay Win Top Honor at ASCAP Awards
Coldplay's songwriting skills landed them the top honors at the 30th annual ASCAP Awards in London on Wednesday, October 13. Bandmates Chris Martin, Will Champion, Jonny Buckland and Guy Berryman were named the Songwriters of the Year at the ceremony, while their "Viva La Vida" hit won them the Song of the Year award.
Other big winners included Taio Cruz, who picked up the ASCAP Vanguard Award for his record "Departure", and chart-topping Brits Scouting for Girls won the ASCAP College Award for "Everybody Wants to Be on TV".
Another 20 song awards were also handed out during the event to honor songwriters - Sir Paul McCartney's "Come Together", U2's "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" and Phil Collins' track "In the Air Tonight" were among the tracks recognized.
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Denies Cheating Rumors
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Shows 'Farewell Tour' in First Trailer
- Erin Andrews and Jarret Stoll Get Married in Sunset Ceremony
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London