Coldplay Win Top Honor at ASCAP Awards
Coldplay's songwriting skills landed them the top honors at the 30th annual ASCAP Awards in London on Wednesday, October 13. Bandmates Chris Martin, Will Champion, Jonny Buckland and Guy Berryman were named the Songwriters of the Year at the ceremony, while their "Viva La Vida" hit won them the Song of the Year award.
Other big winners included Taio Cruz, who picked up the ASCAP Vanguard Award for his record "Departure", and chart-topping Brits Scouting for Girls won the ASCAP College Award for "Everybody Wants to Be on TV".
Another 20 song awards were also handed out during the event to honor songwriters - Sir Paul McCartney's "Come Together", U2's "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" and Phil Collins' track "In the Air Tonight" were among the tracks recognized.
More Coldplay News
- Chloe Moretz Blasts 'Hateful' Twitter Trolls
- Watch Justin Bieber's Acoustic Cover of Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
- Caitlyn Jenner Was 'Disgusted' by Bruce's 'Greek God Kind of Body'
- 'American Horror Story' Reveals This Mysterious Logo of Season 6
- Rob Kardashian's Threat Is Apparently Why Blac Chyna Got Invited to Khloe's Birthday Party
- Kylie Jenner Is Getting Fancy New Car. Another Gift From Tyga?
- Fifth Harmony's Camila Cabello Goes Solo Again for Charity Song 'Power in Me'
- Colin Firth and Patrick Dempsey Fight Over Renee Zellweger in New 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Trailer