Coldplay Win Top Honor at ASCAP Awards
Coldplay's songwriting skills landed them the top honors at the 30th annual ASCAP Awards in London on Wednesday, October 13. Bandmates Chris Martin, Will Champion, Jonny Buckland and Guy Berryman were named the Songwriters of the Year at the ceremony, while their "Viva La Vida" hit won them the Song of the Year award.
Other big winners included Taio Cruz, who picked up the ASCAP Vanguard Award for his record "Departure", and chart-topping Brits Scouting for Girls won the ASCAP College Award for "Everybody Wants to Be on TV".
Another 20 song awards were also handed out during the event to honor songwriters - Sir Paul McCartney's "Come Together", U2's "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" and Phil Collins' track "In the Air Tonight" were among the tracks recognized.
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child